moto gp italian grang prix

Sure bikes can not rub fenders or bump doors so some of the physical aspect is out
rock.gif

Bikes do rub bodywork and get physical from time to time! Last years AMA Superbike race at Laguna Seca Finale is an example: Spies passes Mladin late into the Corkscrew and the 2 barely rub bodywork. Mladin has to ride the chicane on the way down while Spies flies into the lead.

or....

2007 CA Speedway Race 1. Spies passes Mladin through T2. Mladin passes Spies back on T3 and 4 esses, They rub bodywork.

2007 @ Barbar: Mladin and Spies in heated battle, Lapped rider unsure where the two are coming from and trying to hold his line but at the last second tries to run a tight line. Mladin was already committed and dives to the inside of lapped rider and the outside of the Yosh Suzuki's bodywork bashes into the lapped riders right knee puck. A true pucker moment.
Or howa bout 2 years ago in MotoGP at Sachsenring, Germany.  Pedrosa dives inside Hayden, Hayden closes the door on the youngling.  Pedrosa's front tire rubs on Hayden's right shoulder and arm creating a nice black donut on Hayden's leathers  
wowold.gif
.  NASCAR rubb'in can't even compare to that!!
That was a hella good one!!

I just remembered Jerez in 05. The epic battle between Giberneau and Rossi. Last Lap, Last Corner, well...video is better than words!!

ROSSIFUMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROSSI IS KING!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
zzwhip.gif
PM -->
bigoltool @ Jun. 03 2008 said:
1436866[/ATTACH] PM]
They would love to have Spies though I don't see that happening. So I would put my money on Zemke! Why that dude doesn't have a Superbike ride is beyond me.
Don't forget Josh Hayes! He's been riding really well with Formula xTreme and Supersport and he doesn't have a factory Superbike ride either. Word on the grapevine is that he's shopping around for a WSBK ride next year, especially with the direction AMA is headed.

Francis Batta; manager of Alstare/Suzuki wants Ben Spies next season. And apparently, so does every other team in the wsbk paddock. I think WSBK would be a great fit for Spies: 1. he's already familiar with SBK equipment, 2. the learning curve might not be as steep and he could potentially be WSBK Champ in 2010, 2. the machines will fit him better compared to Pedrosa sized 800's. The really awesome thing with Elbowz is that he's awesome on the tracks that emphasize corner speed, and he kicks even more butt with the backing it in style "stop n go" tracks like Infineon and Fontucky.

Good observations Bigoltool.
clap.gif
I agree Spies would excel (Dominate!)
kickass.gif
in WSBK! but at his age (24)I think that could well be the end of the line for him professionally. Not many (if any?) 30 somethings in MotoGP these days. If he goes to MotoGP next year he will probably take a year to learn the tracks and then foresee ably have a good 5-6 years at that level. WSBK will always be around to scoop up all the elder statesmen from MotoGP. That old MotoGP guy Carlos Checa seems to be coming to grips there just fine.
laugh.gif

I would love to see an American Exodus to WSBK next year! Zemke and Hayes are two valid candidates and perhaps Jason Disalvo, Jamie Hacking (Not actually an American but who's counting)and perhaps Jeff May. The Haydens are used goods, The Bostroms and Aaron yates are aging rapidly and DuHamel and Hodgson are studs but definitely not Americans. There are a few 600 guys who could possibly make the jump as well but without any Superbike Experience at all that would be tough.
heart_broke.gif

zzwhip.gif

Well if you think the MotoGP races are boring, here is the solution!

The 2nd 6 Fantasy MotoGP
Link to thread

The races are more exciting when you have a stake in the outcome!!

Only $15 to play!  
beerchug.gif

Back