nascar-moto gp

Nascar is not about cars... NAStyCARs is a big joke, redneck crowd leading by merchants...
Thats a pretty closed minded, and incorrect, observation.
Go ahead, read NASCAR restrictions.... pathetic..
Carburetors?
rock.gif

Suspension restrictions???
Besides that it`s just plain boring...

All over the world races use newest technology available...
Corvette won 24 hours of Le Mann in Europe....

oops... we don`t care about stupid Europe,
we don`t care that at least 10 European PRODUCTION cars faster and handles better then any NASCAR specially prepped cars.

That is just my observation, point of view actually.
You have a different one, fine, it is free country you can love whatever you want.
smile.gif

the difference in nascar and most other leagues is the parity of the competition.

You don't have to have backing from the factory to have any chance of winning..

yeah, there are some teams with deeper pockets.. but there is no "team chevrolet" with limitless money to throw at the car for tenths of a second..

using the carbs, and restrictions are a way of keeping with the original idea (although admittedly they have strayed FAR away from a truly "stock" car) of racing cars that are as equal as possible.

in other words... the driver/team & mind of the man calling the shots are the biggest wild cards.

instead of checking the real time data coming from the onboard and instructing the driver what to do to fix it...

the driver/crew chief communicate about whats right, and whats wrong.. and they try to figure out a solution to try the next pit stop.

To me it's a much more "pure" racing environment just because of the lack of technology..

and for the record.. there aren't many 3800pnd, 800 hp cars running around with carbs BTW.

I think it's sorta laughable when you crap all over the entire sport, and it's fan on the basis that they aren't running the newest, unavailable technology.

hell,, an average joe (and I know thats a dirty word since we are all so much better than the normal american here) can go build his own stock car for probably 30 grand and have a legitimate shot at qualifying for a race every once in a while.

the basic frame/roll cage are readily available for really not that much money. A mechanically minded type could buy the block he needs to be legal and do all the work to it, set the car up, slap some tires on their and go racin'.

whats not to like about the idea of that?

I remember reading an article a few months back talking about the budgets of a nascar team compared to an f1 team.. it was ridiculous... for what 1 race costs for an f1 team you can damn near run an entire season of nascar.. haha.

Take it one step further.. I'm assuming all of you dislike the AMA, or SBK series also? It's the same idea.

Keep the bikes close to the way they come from the factory, put limits on what you can mod, and lets see what happens.

Personally I'd like to see a ban of factory rides in the AMA, and SBk... wouldn't that be interesting to have everybody on a more level playing field.

Wanna bet that some of the privateers names would start coming up more often.. and maybe it wouldn't be the mladin show (in ama anyway)

I'm not downing gp, or f1 or any of that jazz.. they have their places.. they are their to showcase what man is capable of if there are no limits on what you can do to make it faster, or stick to the track better.. but I don't understand this bash nascar thing.. and I'm not even that big a fan.

For the record... I personally feel that I saw just as many drunk rednecks (percentage wise) at the AMA's this year as I do at the few nascar races I've been to. (i've even been drunk a few times whoohoo!)

Course I also remember reading the big write up in motor trend about the 24 hours of daytona.. they opened the story talking about piles of empty wine bottles laying all around.. people passed out in chairs holding beer/liqour/wine bottles.. so whats up with all the rednecks showing up at the lemans?

I think you guys need to get over yourselves about this crap. I hate even opening these threads because I know I'm just going to think less of alot of the pricks replying to it who obviously have no clue, have never been, and are more worried about... or the best I can tell... more worried about not being associated with anything that may indicate they are more of a sheeple than they realized.

the difference in nascar and most other leagues is the parity of the competition.

You don't have to have backing from the factory to have any chance of winning..

yeah, there are some teams with deeper pockets..  but there is no "team chevrolet" with limitless money to throw at the car for tenths of a second..

using the carbs, and restrictions are a way of keeping with the original idea (although admittedly they have strayed FAR away from a truly "stock" car) of racing cars that are as equal as possible.

in other words... the driver/team & mind of the man calling the shots are the biggest wild cards.

instead of checking the real time data coming from the onboard and instructing the driver what to do to fix it...

the driver/crew chief communicate about whats right, and whats wrong..  and they try to figure out a solution to try the next pit stop.

To me it's a much more "pure" racing environment just because of the lack of technology..

and for the record.. there aren't many 3800pnd, 800 hp cars running around with carbs BTW.

I think it's sorta laughable when you crap all over the entire sport, and it's fan on the basis that they aren't running the newest, unavailable technology.

hell,, an average joe (and I know thats a dirty word since we are all so much better than the normal american here) can go build his own stock car for probably 30 grand and have a legitimate shot at qualifying for a race every once in a while.

the basic frame/roll cage are readily available for really not that much money.   A mechanically minded type could buy the block he needs to be legal and do all the work to it, set the car up, slap some tires on their and go racin'.

whats not to like about the idea of that?

I remember reading an article a few months back talking about the budgets of a nascar team compared to an f1 team.. it was ridiculous...  for what 1 race costs for an f1 team you can damn near run an entire season of nascar.. haha.

Take it one step further.. I'm assuming all of you dislike the AMA, or SBK series also?   It's the same idea.  

Keep the bikes close to the way they come from the factory, put limits on what you can mod, and lets see what happens.

Personally I'd like to see a ban of factory rides in the AMA, and SBk... wouldn't that be interesting to have everybody on a more level playing field.

Wanna bet that some of the privateers names would start coming up more often.. and maybe it wouldn't be the mladin show (in ama anyway)

I'm not downing gp, or f1 or any of that jazz..   they have their places.. they are their to showcase what man is capable of if there are no limits on what you can do to make it faster, or stick to the track better..   but I don't understand this bash nascar thing.. and I'm not even that big a fan.

For the record...  I personally feel that I saw just as many drunk rednecks (percentage wise) at the AMA's this year as I do at the few nascar races I've been to.  (i've even been drunk a few times whoohoo!)

Course I also remember reading the big write up in motor trend about the 24 hours of daytona.. they opened the story talking about piles of empty wine bottles laying all around.. people passed out in chairs holding beer/liqour/wine bottles..   so whats up with all the rednecks showing up at the lemans?  

I think you guys need to get over yourselves about this crap.   I hate even opening these threads because I know I'm just going to think less of alot of the pricks replying to it who obviously have no clue, have never been, and are more worried about... or the best I can tell...  more worried about not being associated with anything that may indicate they are more of a sheeple than they realized.
'Nuff said. Obviously a few people like the ancient sport. If you dont like it, cool. Dont watch it. That doesnt mean you need to crack on people who do.

and anybody saying a nascar race is boring... I don't get that at all..

pick a more competitive racing series and tell me about it..

I've been to road course races, (car, and bike) and I can tell you.. if they could figure out a way to let you see what was going on beyond the 3 seconds of everybody going by then looking back at the big screen it would be a wonderful thing..

and I've been to several different nascar races.. few of the bigger tracks, and several of the smaller ones.. and i can say without a doubt.. if you offered me tickets but I could only pick one of the two (road course, or nascar style track) I would take the nascar everytime.. atleast I'm goign to be able to see a race.

Tell me one other racing series that races a minimum of 400 miles... and has more than 50% of the drivers still on the lead lap...

hell tell me another series that even races 400+ miles on a regular basis

the only one I'm thinking of right off would be the lemans series... and why the hell anybody would be interested in sticking aroudn to watch that is beyond me.. yeah it interesting to see the highlights and know who won the next day... but sitting around watching a guy 5 laps up win a race is not my idea of a good time.

tell ya what.. go look for the record number of lead changes in any race.. at any time and lets compare it to the average nascar race... you can't beat it for competitiveness..

I honestly can't remember a race where the winner finished up more than 10-15 seconds at most ahead of 2nd place in a LONG LONG time..

ok i'm done before I start calling people effin' morons.

well, i like NASCAR, specially since phoenix gets to have 2 races a year now. BUT... if i have a choice of watching motoGP/AMA or NASCAR, u know ill b watching the bikes. as said, just more things going on then, turn left, turn striaght, turn left, turn straight.
tounge.gif

well, i like NASCAR, specially since phoenix gets to have 2 races a year now.  BUT... if i have a choice of watching motoGP/AMA or NASCAR, u know ill b watching the bikes.  as said, just more things going on then, turn left, turn striaght, turn left, turn straight.  
tounge.gif
your right about that....there is a hell of alot more than turning left and going straight....so far besides what pure ego has said, that statement is about the only one that is correct...

haha. we are friends...

I didn't mean to come across like I was pissed or something... I thought we was just discussin'

thas why I asked which sport you thought was more competitive on a race-race basis.

oh.. and for the record for the original poster..

MotoGP is HUUUUGE compared to nascar.. nascar is almost exclusively a American sport.. motoGP is world wide..

I can't remember the exact numbers.. but MOTOgp has 5-6 times more regular viewers than nascar..

it's just backwards in the states.

Motorcycle racing is supported by motorcycle enthusiasts....NASCAR by wannabees with HD beltbuckles.
Too true. They can't pretend to be racing a bike like they pretend to be racing like a Nascar driver in their Billy Bob Redneck Pick-um up truck.

YeeHawww...Whar's them thar sheep... Bubba. I'm feelin kinda anxious...

MotoGP is HUUUUGE compared to nascar.. nascar is almost exclusively a American sport.. motoGP is world wide..

I can't remember the exact numbers.. but MOTOgp has 5-6 times more regular viewers than nascar..

Same thing with American Football I imagine (I don't watch that either.)

FYI, there are some non-NASCAR race tracks where you can watch the entire race, and if you watch the other tracks on TV, or on the big screens they provide at events, you get overhead/on-car/on-bike views etc.

And don't forget drag-racing.

It would be nice to see a Moto GP Race aired on a sunday broadcast like nascar is but unfortunately I do not see it happening any time soon.
wink.gif

Same thing with American Football I imagine (I don't watch that either.)

FYI, there are some non-NASCAR race tracks where you can watch the entire race, and if you watch the other tracks on TV, or on the big screens they provide at events, you get overhead/on-car/on-bike views etc.

And don't forget drag-racing.
uh.. yeah.. I know.. billy bob also brings his jumbo tron things to nascar events.. replays, in car, all that other jazz..

which road courses can you see more than just 1-2 turns of the track at one time?

My main complaint here is this bs like gold wanger is doing..

explain why your comparing a 50 yo stereo type nascar fan to the (already proven in previous threads) college educated family oriented fans of today?

Thats like me saying the typical goldwing rider is a 60yo man with a stuffed animal attached to the back and his fat wife using the intercom system every two seconds to talk about the wild flowers growing in the median of the interstate.

Back