Most inspiring chit i've ever seen

jigisup

Registered
There I was at a restaurant watching the overhead LCD TV waiting for my food to arrive.

Some asian jibber jabber documentary with english subtitles.  Whatever... then all of a sudden they start talking about motorcycles.  Of course that gets my attention IMMEDIATELY
smile.gif

This dude in his late 30's like me has been parariplegic from waist down since he was 5.  He has spent most of his life bed ridden, poor, no wheelchair, no skillz, no job, no life and certainly no woman.  Then one day neighborhood merchant gave'em a beat up old Hyosun SUZUKI<--- 125CC motorcycle.   He wanted ride so bad, He got up out of the bed crawled and eventually learned to prop himself up so he can MOD the bike into a trike so he can ride.  Even tually he jury rigged this frankentrike.  

In the process, he learned to weld, fabricate, fix electronics.  Watching all this from the side line local girl was so impressed with his perserverance she married him!  Now he has two kids!  Now He's supporting his family with the skills he learned from building his bike.  Fixing any and everything neighbors bring him.

TV interviewer ask'em why are you riding at subzero temperature in the winter.  He goes "When I ride, I'm truely happy and It's the only time, I forget I'm paraplegic"

That shook me a bit...  but YEAH GO SUZUKI!!!!!

<!--EDIT|jigisup
Reason for Edit: "wrong word"|1145927971 -->

details details.......

good story though!!!

if I ended up like that I would sooooooo have me one of these

trike_hayabusa_turbo.jpg

Truly amazing story, just goes to show what any individual can overcome when they set their mind to something...

+1 to the mad skills and desires of someone not refuseing to die but to LIVE!!!!!!!

it is one of the Korean TV shows, called "incredible life" I've seen several of them...alots of stuff like that...like someones been a bodyshop for life, so if he has a hammer and torch with hundreds of metal drums? he will make a bus body out of it, and all kinds of odd stories on them shows...
the question is..."how bad do you want it?"
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145811919 -->

Cool story!

Thanks for sharing.

Humans can do truly extraordinary things when their hands are forced.

Back