More pics from the new camera: San Francisco Science Musuem

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
My wife and I took the kids to San Francisco today. Checking out the new Science Museum in Golden Gate Park. Give me a chance to fiddle with my new fancy camera before the first Pashnit Motorcycle Tour of the season next weekend.

Dsc00343_800.jpg

The roof of the building. Planted in low-maint plants.

Dsc00419_800.jpg

Boundless energy at 4.

Dsc00411_800.jpg

Dsc00343_800.jpg

Dsc00419_800.jpg

Dsc00411_800.jpg

Ever seen one of these? Bit memorizing. Basically proves the earth rotates.

Dsc00354_1000.jpg

Anyone dig turtles?

Dsc00357_1000.jpg

Dsc00354_1000.jpg

Dsc00357_1000.jpg

Upside Down Jelly Fish. No really. :laugh:

Dsc00453_800.jpg

Like movies? This motion picture never stops.

Dsc00441_800.jpg

Dsc00453_800.jpg

Dsc00441_800.jpg

Golden Gate.

Dsc00493_800.jpg

Never been to San Francisco, make sure you cross it off the list.

Beautiful city.

Dsc00490_800.jpg

Be back here on Friday to ride the Pacific Coast northward. :thumbsup:

Dsc00493_800.jpg

Dsc00490_800.jpg

Some beautiful shots! I love that City! It never leaves your heart! Have fun on your ride. If you get up to Seattle, please let me buy you a round! Btw, what kind of camera is that? It is a winner! Clarity is amazing!

Ever seen one of these? Bit memorizing. Basically proves the earth rotates.

View attachment 132259

A Foucault Pendulum...cool!

Too bad Foucalt lived three hundred years after Copernicus. Copernicus could really have utilized this in his defense against the religious zealotry of his day that preferred superstition to knowledge.

Last edited:

Too bad Foucalt lived three hundred years after Copernicus. Copernicus could really have utilized this in his defense against the religious zealotry of his day that preferred superstition to knowledge.

If you like science or physics (I took a lot in college), these things are interesting.

Foucault-rotz.gif

And good point! The earth is spinning on it's axis, and the pendulum reacts like this, slowly knocking over the pins.

Foucault_pendulum_at_north_pole_accurate.PNG

Very cool :thumbsup:
These pics are two years old, wish I had my camera yesterday, the bay was covered with sailboats.

New Years Eve 2007 099.jpg

New Years Eve 2007 103.jpg

I still want Tims job... paid to ride... sweet :)

Seems Galileo paid a steep price too about the time the Pope imprisoned him :laugh: (all they had to do was look at the name "Solar system" for the truth huh? :rofl: )

Last edited:
If you like science or physics (I took a lot in college), these things are interesting.

Foucault-rotz.gif

And good point! The earth is spinning on it's axis, and the pendulum reacts like this, slowly knocking over the pins.

Foucault_pendulum_at_north_pole_accurate.PNG

That's a cool thing you posted there.

I'm no nuclear physicist, but I can say taking physics classes in college is part of the reason I've survived so long in one of the Bureau of Labor and Statistics "Ten Most Dangerous Jobs".

Back