More dumb HID questions.

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
This install is causing me to get a major case of the dumbs.

I installed everything, and hooked up the harness and I get high beam only, constant? So I am guessing that I have the wires switched (how did I do that?) So I switch them around and the low beam works, but it's buzzing (not good, right?) So now I still have the problem with a ballast that does not appear to be putting out power and I can't find my &%$# test meter to find out for certain.

Question: Are each of the two ballasts designed specifically for each bulb? In other words, can they be switched out for one another? The answer to this question would help me get to the next troubleshooting step.

Thanks

The ballasts should be identical to one another. Not sure who you got the set from though

Burke Moto Pros - an eBay seller

I bought them based on two factors, cost and his very satisfactory return policy. It looks now as if I many need to take advantage of that. After my experience with Pashnit, I don't think I'll be buying anything from eBay any more unless it's just too good to pass up.

I got the low beam working by switching out the leads, no buzzing this time. But I have nothing on high beam. I think I'll get my tester out (have to find it when it's daylight) and test for voltage to see exactly where the problem is.

$100 Cheap enough, but also not bargain basement. I assumed that I was getting something of middle-of-the-road quality. Not sure if that's the case at this point. ???

$100 Cheap enough, but also not bargain basement. I assumed that I was getting something of middle-of-the-road quality. Not sure if that's the case at this point. ???

Try to get a full return and I can hook you up with a PERFECT kit for around $40 more.:beerchug:

Back