HID ballast question

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
I have the visionpro HID's on my busa with the relay to delay the firing of the ballast until I get it started. Well, the relay went out the other day so I'm in the process of putting a switch in it's place. I took the nose off and disconnected the relay now I can't get the lights to work. I must have touched something when I cut it out because my low beam fuse was blown in the fusebox. I replaced the fuse and now I've got power back running into the ballast but nothing coming out. I swapped my hi-beam and my low-beam ballast with one another but neither works. Any way to check the ballast or any other ideas on what it could be? I've checked all fuses and my headlight switch, I've run out of ideas. Thanks

Figured it out myself. When I cut and removed the relay I blew the fuse to start the whole mess. I have two blade connectors slid into the wire harness and black taped to keep the water out. Well, in the process of rewiring I some how got them switched. After I typed the first response I went back and started from scratch and then discovered my problem.

congrats for figuring that out early! What switch are you installing? My DEI relay lasted about a week and I might go that route. I have a relay from tripage.com but the instruction jpg sux.....

Back