HID LIGHT QUESTION

dezzy7

Registered
I installed the HID light today but can't get it on. It keeps blowing the 15amp fus i put in. I set it up as a switched setup with an inkine fuse holder... I'm pretty sure i have the -/+ connectors corret the pos is on the right side as you look at it and the - is on the left side of the ballast. The ballast has three prongs so this is the view looking at the ballast with the third prong pointing down. Anyone who has an HID I would appreciate your help...Thanks

Hmm...I didn't have to fiddle with the fuses. I know that the HIDs actually draw less juice than stock except at startup before the bulb ignites.

Definitly don't go with a higher rated fuse! Check all wiring for a ground short caused by a pinched wire. Check your switch. Also, I would strongly suggest you go with a relay for your set up unless you like fire. Doe's the burner ignite then blow the fuse or does it just blow no light at all. If everything checks out OK you may have a faulty ballast. Also is everything self-contained within the ballast or does it have a external ignitor.

no light at all it just blows the fuse. i'm gonna to but the relay on tomorrow, and see how it goes.

Hey dezzy can you post a pic of the ballast/hid unit your using. The three wire deal on the ballast is confusing. IF it's one of my digital units Im really confused. If it's one of mine you should have a pos/neg on the ballast. if the ballast is flat and the black power plug on the ballast is pointed away from you then pos is on the RIGHT. so flat on table and power input facing away pos on right.

Try this. Pop the hood on your vehicle (car/truck). Lay everything right there. plug the bulb in the socket and socket into the ballast. Put pos/neg on battery. Use clips to hold it if you can. If it lights then the problem is elsewhere. Be safe and put the 15 amp fuse in line with your ground side. If it blows that then it's more then likly the ballast. You should be able to smell into the ballast and tell if it's been burnt.

Hope that helps for now. You can call me if you want.
937-605-0734 cell

Back