HID Light Shield

02BusaMark

Registered
Found out last night that I am attracting a little too much attention to myself with my DDM 35w 5000k HID replacement low beam when a po-po flipped a u and followed me home after catching a view of my headlight (I believe, anyway).

My question is does anyone make a bulb shield or some sort of headlight film to help with the glare or light direction? I like having a brighter light, but don't need to attract a ton of attention to myself.

What have you guys done to avoid this?

Are you sure it was the light and not speed or sound?
I've never had any problems running both hi and lo same time 24/7.

check and see how high your headlight is aimed too... most cops dont care that you have them its when they are aimed right in the eyes of oncoming drivers

I personally like how the HIDs bleed light out all around. Lights up signs really nicely. I could care less for other drivers as long as they see me :)

HID's throw a VERY wide beam if not used with a projector lens. Have you adjusted your headlights after installing the HID's?
Yes vehicles with HID do have an adjustable angle on the projector to where you can control where the beam points example your on a rural road no traffic you would want to direct your beam up for maximum distance, in a city with lots of traffic you would want to point them lower.. NISSAN MURANO is one that uses this option.

Or adjustable output of the wattage. 9006 ADJUSTABLE HID conversion kit

surprising if the cop followed you home cuz of your hid's... I run hi & low on my busa and never had any problems.. I even have my glow kit on flipping through colors all the time and no problems.. knock on wood.. I think it might have been something else and not your hid's...

I have 8k on mine low and high never had a problem also have a lifted truck with 10k blind everyone but no problems

I think my highbeam of my HID is not focused right. When I click the high, i ought to be able to see waaay further down a dark road, but in fact I can't even see the dang thing at all. Don't think it's up in the trees, either. When I put it up against my garage door, I see it and it looks like it's in the right place, but i think it's mounted out of focus or something...anyone got any ideas?

Are you sure it was the light and not speed or sound?
I've never had any problems running both hi and lo same time 24/7.
It is possible, but it was a 35 mph road and I was running 30 and never broke 3k on the tach. Was taking it easy the previous two miles also. Had a passenger on the back and I'm sure that didn't help. He made another pass after I was parked.

I think my highbeam of my HID is not focused right. When I click the high, i ought to be able to see waaay further down a dark road, but in fact I can't even see the dang thing at all. Don't think it's up in the trees, either. When I put it up against my garage door, I see it and it looks like it's in the right place, but i think it's mounted out of focus or something...anyone got any ideas?

your problem sounds like its out of focus, are your hid's wired with a toggle switch so you can turn them on after the bike goes on? if so try running just ur high beam on an open road and see where it lands. It might be focused same in with your low beam you never know. If you dont have a switch running for ur low beam you can simply unplug the low beam and then on the high beam to see where it lands.

It is possible, but it was a 35 mph road and I was running 30 and never broke 3k on the tach. Was taking it easy the previous two miles also. Had a passenger on the back and I'm sure that didn't help. He made another pass after I was parked.

I think the cop was just too amazed too see such a bike. He prob. didnt even know what it was so he doubled back to get a second look at the beast. :laugh:

ok, what you're looking for is called a casper shield. if you have trouble finding one, PM me and i'll assist. skydivr, i'm in the same town as you are, there's no excuse for YOUR headlights to be jacked while i'm here, lol.

ok, what you're looking for is called a casper shield. if you have trouble finding one, PM me and i'll assist. skydivr, i'm in the same town as you are, there's no excuse for YOUR headlights to be jacked while i'm here, lol.

Tell us more.. :)

/no, really

I forgot the YOU are the HID expert - I'd be grateful for you to fix mine! :beerchug:

Back