HID

upsslave

Registered
I'm looking to install an hid light on my o6 busa and would like to know what to look for. most web sites recommend 5000k for bulb and german made ballast for quality. Would also like to know if these brighter lights tend to tick off on coming traffic. I want to be more visible but not to the point of pissing off people.  Thanks

Call or visit Xenonking you can find them in the Group Buy section of the oRg or through their bannor on the home page. When you buy a kit from them it comes with bulbs, ballasts and ingnitors, and is plug and play. Simply remove your bulbs, insert the new. Plug the power wires into your existing plug, then the output wires from the ballasts/ignitors plug into the new bulb. The kits come with zip ties to secure the wires and (very strong) double sided tape to affix your ballasts and ignitors.

HID info

Colors:
Color is important, 4-5k gives the best performance and is closest to natural sunlight. It is also far less offensive to the eye, yours and oncoming traffic. The higher temps are more for bling factor, but will give less light and more "glare".

3000K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light. 3000K emits GOLDEN YELLOW color and offers superior penetration power during adverse weather epically in dense fog. The applications of the 3000K kit aim more towards secondary lighting apparatus such as high beam and fog lights. The 3000K capsule is actually a 5000K capsule specially coated with a film that filters out all the wave length except the range of wave length which emits yellow.

4300K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and is the color temperature with the most output. The light appears fairly white, and has light yellowish hue when reflected off the road identical to the OEM HID equipped vehicles. This color is for customers who is looking for pure performance white improving the looks of their headlight. It is idea for customers who does a lot of back road or canyon driving and need the optimal visibility.

6000K has an approximately 2800lm output, which is 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 5000K. Although it has a bit lesser light output, it emits pure whiter light with very slight and barely noticeable tint of blue.

8000K has an approximately 2550lm output, which is about 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 6000K. While it has a bit lesser light output, it emits bluer light than the 6000K.

Power consumption:
These HIDs use much less power than stock bulbs, only 35 watts per bulb. They are the perfect option for bikes with weak generators that need more light. Using higher wattage halogens will not equal the power these produce, and higher wattage halogens produce alot of glare and light scatter.
Legality:
HID conversions are not technically legal in the US, but neither is speeding, or using "race only" pipes on a bike, so take that into consideration when making your purchase.

Will they blind other drivers?
If properly installed and aimed they will not. Actually I have been flashed less since installing and properly aiming them than I did with the stock bulbs. The only time I was flashed was on a turn when it pointed the light directly at an oncoming car. With the stocks lights I had to raise the beam slightly for better vision, with the HIDs I use factory spec settings. Remember, it is imperative to properly aim your lights, as the output is much more than stock.

What separates genuine Xenon gas-filled Bulbs from Xenon HID?
HID (High Intensity Discharge) is the technology in which the filament of the Halogen Bulb is replaced with Xenon gas. When high voltage is applied, the gas generates an arc of light. The Xenon gas generates 3x more light than standard halogen Bulbs. Most companies do produce gas-filled halogen Bulbs. These Bulbs do consist of a filament, but the gas gives off a bluer color. The negative part of xenon-filled halogen Bulbs, is they produce very little or no more then standard halogen Bulbs with the same voltage.

How long will the Bulbs last?
An average of 2500 hours is normal from bulb testing.  But, most will outlast your ownership of the bike you install them on.... Hope this helps!

Oh yea the Busa
H7 low beam..
9005 High beam..

Well that just about sums it up. Now all you got to do is order and install them. I got the 6000k McCulloch from XenonKing and love them. This is one of the best mods that can be done in my opinion.

Great explantion waterbug.
bowdown.gif

(ks-waterbug @ Aug. 13 2007,04:03) Call or visit Xenonking you can find them in the Group Buy section of the oRg or through their bannor on the home page. When you buy a kit from them it comes with bulbs, ballasts and ingnitors, and is plug and play. Simply remove your bulbs, insert the new. Plug the power wires into your existing plug, then the output wires from the ballasts/ignitors plug into the new bulb. The kits come with zip ties to secure the wires and (very strong) double sided tape to affix your ballasts and ignitors.

HID info

Colors:
Color is important, 4-5k gives the best performance and is closest to natural sunlight. It is also far less offensive to the eye, yours and oncoming traffic. The higher temps are more for bling factor, but will give less light and more "glare".

3000K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light. 3000K emits GOLDEN YELLOW color and offers superior penetration power during adverse weather epically in dense fog. The applications of the 3000K kit aim more towards secondary lighting apparatus such as high beam and fog lights. The 3000K capsule is actually a 5000K capsule specially coated with a film that filters out all the wave length except the range of wave length which emits yellow.

4300K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and is the color temperature with the most output. The light appears fairly white, and has light yellowish hue when reflected off the road identical to the OEM HID equipped vehicles. This color is for customers who is looking for pure performance white improving the looks of their headlight. It is idea for customers who does a lot of back road or canyon driving and need the optimal visibility.

6000K has an approximately 2800lm output, which is 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 5000K. Although it has a bit lesser light output, it emits pure whiter light with very slight and barely noticeable tint of blue.

8000K has an approximately 2550lm output, which is about 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 6000K. While it has a bit lesser light output, it emits bluer light than the 6000K.

Power consumption:
These HIDs use much less power than stock bulbs, only 35 watts per bulb. They are the perfect option for bikes with weak generators that need more light. Using higher wattage halogens will not equal the power these produce, and higher wattage halogens produce alot of glare and light scatter.
Legality:
HID conversions are not technically legal in the US, but neither is speeding, or using "race only" pipes on a bike, so take that into consideration when making your purchase.

Will they blind other drivers?
If properly installed and aimed they will not. Actually I have been flashed less since installing and properly aiming them than I did with the stock bulbs. The only time I was flashed was on a turn when it pointed the light directly at an oncoming car. With the stocks lights I had to raise the beam slightly for better vision, with the HIDs I use factory spec settings. Remember, it is imperative to properly aim your lights, as the output is much more than stock.

What separates genuine Xenon gas-filled Bulbs from Xenon HID?
HID (High Intensity Discharge) is the technology in which the filament of the Halogen Bulb is replaced with Xenon gas. When high voltage is applied, the gas generates an arc of light. The Xenon gas generates 3x more light than standard halogen Bulbs. Most companies do produce gas-filled halogen Bulbs. These Bulbs do consist of a filament, but the gas gives off a bluer color. The negative part of xenon-filled halogen Bulbs, is they produce very little or no more then standard halogen Bulbs with the same voltage.

How long will the Bulbs last?
An average of 2500 hours is normal from bulb testing.  But, most will outlast your ownership of the bike you install them on.... Hope this helps!

Oh yea the Busa
H7 low beam..
9005 High beam..
Thanks for all the info. That's just what i was looking for. Do you just replace the low beam or should you do both low and high?

You can do either, I only replaced the low. If you decide to replace both be aware that the high beam is of the projector style.

I have a Busazilla Kit on my Busa and It Rocks i did a 6000k low and 8000k Hi beam. XenonKing makes a great HID kit as well not to mention they are a site sponser here. Both XenonKing AND busazilla both stand behind there products and you can not go wrong with eaither one.
super.gif

I bought the visionPro 6k low/high. So far from my riding the high was a waste of money. It's aimed in such a tunnel projection that it really doesn't help light up the road. It lights up signs about a 1/2 mile ahead of me tho.
super.gif

That's good to know because my low beam is intermittent. When I first crank the bike no problems, but after that I have to turn my key on a give it a good 10 seconds before cranking to ensure it lights.

I had been told that the 6000K was the best choice. Looking at your information would lead me to buy the 4300K.

The 8000K bulbs I have installed have marked me. I'm the only Busa in this area with blue tinted head lights.

The problem being that good citizens have reported me in several cases, when in fact I was at work work. Unfortunately I get the credit for a lot of shid I don't do.

When I replace my bulbs; if I ever do, it will be with a white light.

Question: will the ballast for 8000K bulbs drive 4300K, 6000K, etc. or are there differences in the ballast
rock.gif

(rubber2burn @ Aug. 13 2007,15:20) Yes the ballest will work they are all the same it is just the lights that are different temps DO3
Correct.... Now, IF your light is cutting off during start up you will need to install either a cutoff switch or delay timer. Both are easy fixes and very inexpensive to purchase! The newer model Busas don't require this as they kill the headlight during the starting process.

(ks-waterbug @ Aug. 13 2007,16:26)
(rubber2burn @ Aug. 13 2007,15:20) Yes the ballest will work they are all the same it is just the lights that are different temps DO3
Correct.... Now, IF your light is cutting off during start up you will need to install either a cutoff switch or delay timer. Both are easy fixes and very inexpensive to purchase! The newer model Busas don't require this as they kill the headlight during the starting process.
I have an 06 Busa that kills the headlight during start. That's when the low beam dies.

On cold start it's not a problem, but on pit stops I have to give it 10 seconds before cranking or the low beam won't reignite.

(dadofthree @ Aug. 13 2007,15:31)
(ks-waterbug @ Aug. 13 2007,16:26)
I have an 06 Busa that kills the headlight during start. That's when the low beam dies.

On cold start it's not a problem, but on pit stops I have to give it 10 seconds before cranking or the low beam won't reignite.
Call Xenonking they will cover you for one whole year!
smile.gif

That is from the date of purchase.....

(nxvette01 @ Aug. 13 2007,14:49) Who sells a better kit Xenonking or  Busazilla?
Both are great Kits Man Xenon King is a sponser here and Busazilla is a sponser at extremebusa.com. Both of them Stand behind there products as well. So you can't go wrong with eaither of them.

You said you have the 6k low and 8k high beam. How much better can you see ? Also can you tell much difference when the high beam is on as far as light goes. I'm sure you can tell a difference in color.

(nxvette01 @ Aug. 13 2007,15:00) You said you have the 6k low and 8k high beam. How much better can you see ? Also can you tell much difference when the high beam is on as far as light goes. I'm sure you can tell a difference in color.
It is night and day when you switch to HID's Bro. I when with the 6000k/8000k for that reason because of the slight color difference. People flash me all the time in the evening with just the low beam and when I hit em with the high beam they give me the old I am sorry wave
super.gif
and they roll on.

Back