HID

So as far as XenonKing what's the difference between the VisionPro and McCulloch line of products? I am sold, I just need to know what to buy now:)

i went with the 6000 low beam and the 4300 high beam

the 6000 has enough of a bluish tint that it stands out when i am running through town and other drivers definitely notice it so they don't pull out in front of me

i do a lot of riding at night so i went ahead with a high beam...as the bug noted, the 4300 puts out the most light and it is a more natural color than the higher temp bulbs

i can definitely tell a difference when i flick the high beam on...the HID low beam lights up the road better than the OEM low and high beams together...however, the HID high beam is unbelievable...road signs will start to glow before you are even close enough to read them (and so will little eyes next to the road and in the edge of the woods)

one word of caution on the 4300 bulbs...when i was researching before i purchased mine, i was told not to buy the 4300 low beam...apparently, the color of the light it emits is close to the same color as the sun...if you are riding at sunrise or sunset and happen to be traveling with the sun behind you, your light blends into the sky behind you and oncoming traffic will not spot you as easily

(Spike @ Aug. 13 2007,15:58) So as far as XenonKing what's the difference between the VisionPro and McCulloch line of products?   I am sold, I just need to know what to buy now:)
All I am going to tell you on this bro is go with the XenonKing Kit it is the better of the Two kits and remember you ge what you pay for.

(ks-waterbug @ Aug. 13 2007,04:03) Call or visit Xenonking you can find them in the Group Buy section of the oRg or through their bannor on the home page. When you buy a kit from them it comes with bulbs, ballasts and ingnitors, and is plug and play. Simply remove your bulbs, insert the new. Plug the power wires into your existing plug, then the output wires from the ballasts/ignitors plug into the new bulb. The kits come with zip ties to secure the wires and (very strong) double sided tape to affix your ballasts and ignitors.

HID info

Colors:
Color is important, 4-5k gives the best performance and is closest to natural sunlight. It is also far less offensive to the eye, yours and oncoming traffic. The higher temps are more for bling factor, but will give less light and more "glare".

3000K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light. 3000K emits GOLDEN YELLOW color and offers superior penetration power during adverse weather epically in dense fog. The applications of the 3000K kit aim more towards secondary lighting apparatus such as high beam and fog lights. The 3000K capsule is actually a 5000K capsule specially coated with a film that filters out all the wave length except the range of wave length which emits yellow.

4300K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and is the color temperature with the most output. The light appears fairly white, and has light yellowish hue when reflected off the road identical to the OEM HID equipped vehicles. This color is for customers who is looking for pure performance white improving the looks of their headlight. It is idea for customers who does a lot of back road or canyon driving and need the optimal visibility.

6000K has an approximately 2800lm output, which is 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 5000K. Although it has a bit lesser light output, it emits pure whiter light with very slight and barely noticeable tint of blue.

8000K has an approximately 2550lm output, which is about 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 6000K. While it has a bit lesser light output, it emits bluer light than the 6000K.

Power consumption:
These HIDs use much less power than stock bulbs, only 35 watts per bulb. They are the perfect option for bikes with weak generators that need more light. Using higher wattage halogens will not equal the power these produce, and higher wattage halogens produce alot of glare and light scatter.
Legality:
HID conversions are not technically legal in the US, but neither is speeding, or using "race only" pipes on a bike, so take that into consideration when making your purchase.

Will they blind other drivers?
If properly installed and aimed they will not. Actually I have been flashed less since installing and properly aiming them than I did with the stock bulbs. The only time I was flashed was on a turn when it pointed the light directly at an oncoming car. With the stocks lights I had to raise the beam slightly for better vision, with the HIDs I use factory spec settings. Remember, it is imperative to properly aim your lights, as the output is much more than stock.

What separates genuine Xenon gas-filled Bulbs from Xenon HID?
HID (High Intensity Discharge) is the technology in which the filament of the Halogen Bulb is replaced with Xenon gas. When high voltage is applied, the gas generates an arc of light. The Xenon gas generates 3x more light than standard halogen Bulbs. Most companies do produce gas-filled halogen Bulbs. These Bulbs do consist of a filament, but the gas gives off a bluer color. The negative part of xenon-filled halogen Bulbs, is they produce very little or no more then standard halogen Bulbs with the same voltage.

How long will the Bulbs last?
An average of 2500 hours is normal from bulb testing.  But, most will outlast your ownership of the bike you install them on.... Hope this helps!

Oh yea the Busa
H7 low beam..
9005 High beam..
Perfect explaination!

(semi @ Aug. 13 2007,16:13) i went with the 6000 low beam and the 4300 high beam

the 6000 has enough of a bluish tint that it stands out when i am running through town and other drivers definitely notice it so they don't pull out in front of me

i do a lot of riding at night so i went ahead with a high beam...as the bug noted, the 4300 puts out the most light and it is a more natural color than the higher temp bulbs

i can definitely tell a difference when i flick the high beam on...the HID low beam lights up the road better than the OEM low and high beams together...however, the HID high beam is unbelievable...road signs will start to glow before you are even close enough to read them (and so will little eyes next to the road and in the edge of the woods)

one word of caution on the 4300 bulbs...when i was researching before i purchased mine, i was told not to buy the 4300 low beam...apparently, the color of the light it emits is close to the same color as the sun...if you are riding at sunrise or sunset and happen to be traveling with the sun behind you, your light blends into the sky behind you and oncoming traffic will not spot you as easily
That sounds like good advise. I too get stuck doing alot of night riding. I think ill try that same combo.6000k low/4300k high Thanks for the info
bowdown.gif

Actually I take that back about the high beam. The high beam rocks in a pure darkness setting. I rode home last night around 11pm... and between the low & high it was awesome!!! HID's are one of the BEST MODS you can do. I can see alot more of the road, and you kick on that high beam and everything reflective for a 1/4 mile just lights up.

Going down the road w/the 6k low on was pretty cool. It lights up the stripes on the road with a pure white with a tinge of blue reflecting back. Didn't get flashed the whole way home.
super.gif

Was pretty fun being able to see doing a buck 20 down the highway..
beerchug.gif

Back