Moondog goes to court....

(DaCol. @ May 16 2007,15:32)
(dmrowe @ May 16 2007,13:51) Yikes that bites!  I know it is only a matter of time before I get caught too, it is interesting to note that we are in the same age bracket and have that need for speed.  Is this a mid-life crisis?  Track days can get a bit expensive, so if you are going to speed make sure you do it outside of this judges juristiction.  Next time could it could get really ugly.

judge.jpg
Me thinks
wink.gif
track days are alot cheaper than Court Cost, Jail Time, Loss of Job (Because in Jail) , Ticket Fine or Attorney Cost and Insurance Going UP on Ya ! Along with maybe loss of Lis and Job if you have a CDL  
sad.gif
That's why I said don't do anything untoward in this judges juristiction. He might not be happy to see moondog again even for jaywalking! I would hate to think that selling the 'Busa and buying a Vespa would be the answer. At the end of the day though anything is cheaper than being locked up in the Gray Bar Hotel and the accompanying consequences.

I wasn't knocking what you said, but if more people went to track days and got out their SPEED NEEDS their lives would be alot better. I've seen too many crashes just because of speed, whether or not it was because of the road condition or lack of ability to control the bike at speed. When your at the Track you mind can stay on your task at hand, without worrying about traffic, road conditions, pot holes, some jerk turning in front of you and a 1000's of other road conditions that with speed means a CRASH ! Me, 75-80 mph on a two lane is fast enough (kinda like driving at speeds past your headlight range for stopping) and I agree speeds could be alot higher on Interstates or Toll Hwys  
beerchug.gif

DAMN Dawg, that sucks like a bucket of dog ticks!!
SHOCKED.gif

DON'T EVER SPEED IN WEST FORK!!

You'll have to start coming up and riding Eureka with us!
laugh.gif

I think anyone with a busa should pity you.... because having a busa means being tempted by the speed devil every time we saddle up and stap on our lids. I can't ride within the speed limit on the interstate at all. It's impossible. I do my best on normal roads to at least stay within 10 of the posted limit just to stay ahead of cars and to at least have a leg to stand on if busted.

I'm glad you're not gettng jail time... and also don't sell the busa.

(moondog @ May 16 2007,12:11) Oh, no...not looking for any pity, I was guilty as hell. This whole thing started about a month ago, short version: wife and kids at track meet, I find myself with a hall pass. Jump on the bike for a quick ride on an absolutely purrrrfect late afternoon. Normal route, diff is I usually ride it in the early am. Never seen any leo's on this stretch in the morning, out in the country 5 miles from the nearest town (West Fork). There he was, dug in like a tick, barely caught the light bar. The officer says he got me at 137 but writes me up at 97 (I thought he said 85, ticket says 97) but doesn't take me to jail because I didn't run......I am damn lucky to avoid jail time, just airing it out for the board, cheaper then a shrink.....
tounge.gif
I'll bring my ticket and penalty to the meet & greet this weekend where I'll be riding at 40 mph at the back of the line....
jump9.gif
Here's the SPUDLEY "wisdom ?".....for a Wednesday afternoon........."DON'T RIDE SWEEP WITH YOUR BLINKER ON"
super.gif
.........or you'll get the keychain..........
cool.gif

You "don't" think anyone would notice, but "everyone's" looking in the rearview at the
newbie.gif
dumbazz in the back......no, REALLY.........just wait until you stop for lunch........
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Here's the part you missed with "THIS" guy after court was adjourned........

(door slams, and the judge's secretary says) "What ya got up your butt there judge ?.

(Judge swings into his chair disgusted) "D@MN Hayabusa riders, crackin' off triple digits in MY town, there's just somethin' wrong with people nowadays...........that guy I just sentenced weren't no kid either.......51 years old and still acting like a child......"

(Secretary cracks a grin, and says) "Still mad at your wife for shootin' down your Hayabusa purchase
rock.gif
....."

(Judge, resentfully replies) "D@MN-right it was a beauty too, red and black 2005.......... and now you best be earning your keep....and be gettin' me a fresh cup of coffee or I'll sentence you too !!!!!......and I'll appreciate you keepin' yer nose out me and my wife's business...."

(Secretary turns to the coffee maker and says smuggly) "By the way judge, your day ain't over yet, ya got some 53 year old on a speed violation coming in at 330p, the vehicle was a Kawasaki ZX-14...........somethin' about 126 in a 40......."

(Judge) "DOHHHHHHHH !!!!!.........Get the rope,Carol...........we're going to have to set an example...........
laugh.gif

I KNOW, I know..."There's just something wrong with you Spudley............"
super.gif

Do the service with a smile, could have been A LOT WORSE........."I KNOW"..........
cool.gif

judge.jpg

hey Spudley.....is it the heat down south there getting to you or is just me being a dumb arse (no comment needed)?? Maybe the generation gap ( me 62); but I didn't understand a single thing you said! Whew!! I must be getting old or something!?
rock.gif

"IT'S A DRY HEAT"............
tounge.gif

BTW It's a scientific fact of, you ride at triple digits, you accelerate the space-time continuom and age prematurely....SLOW DOWN.........
tounge.gif
You're not really 62....you just jumped ahead in time.........

tounge.gif

My suggestion would be to not go to court and try to fight a ticket when the cop gave you a huge break in the first place. I am sure the cop told the judge about giving you a break and then he has to waste his time with you trying to get out of the ticket? That probably made him a little angry. LOL. General rule of thumb, if a cop is willing to cut you a huge break, be thankful for that break and take it. Not trying to flame you, just putting it out there.
beerchug.gif

I was curious as to why the fine wasn't just paid up as well. Then you would have gone on your merry way.

(sccrvettel82 @ May 16 2007,22:13) My suggestion would be to not go to court and try to fight a ticket when the cop gave you a huge break in the first place. I am sure the cop told the judge about giving you a break and then he has to waste his time with you trying to get out of the ticket? That probably made him a little angry. LOL. General rule of thumb, if a cop is willing to cut you a huge break, be thankful for that break and take it. Not trying to flame you, just putting it out there.
beerchug.gif
+300

ukliam3.gif

I ended up getting a ticket in my car. I was racing a 2003 ford lightning in my 1994 acura integra. Its a GSR with a dyno tuned after market turbo system. It has 240 hp at the wheels. It's a sleeper since it looks looks like a normal grocery getter. Anyway the cop threatened to impound my car and take me to jail. I stayed cool and he "just" gave me a ticket for racing and burning out. It required a mandatory court appearance. My buddies girl friend is a judges assistant and she looked into to the ticket for me. Basically she came back with that I was in big trouble and I needed a lawyer.

The lawyer went to court for me three different times and ended getting my ticket wiped out with community service. When I showed up to sign up for community service I was offered an out by making two $100 contributions to two different funds.

Bottom line, I still have a clean record, and I'm not racing anyone again. The bike is for fun. The car is for transportation. I'll do ten over here and there and ocasionally hit it some on the bike when I'm away from town. No more racing for me!

The lawyer was worth every penny!!!

I feel for ya Bro.. Been there done that.. 115 in a 55 went to court lost the case.. Same deal judge didn't like speeders let alone sport bike speeders.. Lost my license in that state for 9 months.. Sold Busa regretted selling said Busa. bought a used Busa 1 1/2 years later.. Never stopped riding though rode a Beemer for the 1 1/2 years I was without a Busa to let things cool down..

Point is don't sell it.. You WILL regret it and throw lots of money away doing so.. Lost my azz on my first Busa.. with all the mods and gear lost alot.. Bought a used Busa and redoing all the mods and new gear lots of cash is spent.. Should have kept what I had..

Hope this helps good luck..

Oh, I tried to call the court and pay the fine without going, they said mandatory appearance required.....that's when I knew I was screwed. Leo wasn't there, this was just an arrangment. If I would have pleaded innocent, he would have been at the trail, pissed off he didn't leave the 137 on the ticket. I just said guity as charged and hoped he would see the humor in a 51 year old guy with a crotch rocket. Like, it was kind of cute or something.....boy was I wrong. Note to self: stay out of the way of the system, seems to be void of any sense of humor.....judge's constipation goes to his head, you'll soon end up dead......same old story, same old song and dance....
crazy.gif

(Spudley @ May 16 2007,17:26) "IT'S A DRY HEAT"............
tounge.gif

BTW  It's a scientific fact of, you ride at triple digits, you accelerate the space-time continuom and age prematurely....SLOW DOWN.........
tounge.gif
You're not really 62....you just jumped ahead in time.........
Ahhhh.......now I get it! Thanks!
smile.gif

tounge.gif

(DaCol. @ May 16 2007,15:49) I wasn't knocking what you said, but if more people went to track days and got out their SPEED NEEDS their lives would be alot better. I've seen too many crashes just because of speed, whether or not it was because of the road condition or lack of ability to control the bike at speed. When your at the Track you mind can stay on your task at hand, without worrying about traffic, road conditions, pot holes, some jerk turning in front of you and a 1000's of other road conditions that with speed means a CRASH ! Me, 75-80 mph on a two lane is fast enough (kinda like driving at speeds past your headlight range for stopping) and I agree speeds could be alot higher on Interstates or Toll Hwys  
beerchug.gif
I didn't think you were knocking what I said and I agree with you regarding track days. But riding the 'Busa I am always tempted to give the throttle a twist, especially on a open stretch of wide road. Just can't be helped. But I would not want to wind up in front of this judge for anything.

I should have taken the first hint: the clerk was selling little packs of vaseline at the window just inside the main door....I thought someone had a rash or there was an outbreak of poison ivy in the town....I haven't been able to sit down since the court night. Live and learn.....
jump9.gif

(moondog @ May 17 2007,11:22) I should have taken the first hint: the clerk was selling little packs of vaseline at the window just inside the main door....I thought someone had a rash or there was an outbreak of poison ivy in the town....I haven't been able to sit down since the court night. Live and learn.....
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

Bruh, I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune! I just left court today. The cop clocked me 66 in a 55. I pleaded NOT GUILTY. I've been doing a little reading on the matter and decided to defend myself. After going thorugh the whole morning hearing cases worse than mine I thought it won't be to bad. Then the DA asked me did I want to change my plea. And then she advised me to seek an attorney!
SHOCKED.gif
! Again, it was only 11 over! So I pulled one of the lawyers aside for advise. He said to change my plea and beg the DA to lower the speed, which she did! Thank GOD!!! I pleaded guilty to doing 9 over the limit paid court cost and off I went. Drove back home in my truck, switched back onto the bike and the same LEO was sitting under the same bridge waiting I SWEAR FOR ME! I think he's pissed I contested the ticket. I'm not saying that I was speeding but I wasn't go that fast becasue I knew he was there! When I passed him I was doing 45, LOL!!!

I'm on needles, because I do speed on occasion...often! All be careful...my 2 cents!!!

jump9.gif

Back