Moondog goes to court....

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
For those of you that wondered about the rest of my speeding ticket saga....went to court last night in the big city of West Fork, Ar.... the judge ripped my face off, he was red-faced and PISSED. After a 5 minute rant he proceeds to tell me he thinks 10 days in jail is in order, I about hit the floor. After a little more conversation he gives me 90 DAYS, 85 suspended....5 days community service helping build the new West Fork city softball complex and $490 in fines. Told me if I get caught speeding again in his jurisdiction I would go straight to jail and finish the 85 days. I said yes sir.......I am a dumb ass. He was such a jerk, told me that this is somthing he would expect out of a 19 year old but at 51, we have arrived at who we are...apparently he didn't like who I was all that much. So ends the story. I guess I'm lucky, I really thought I was going to jail last night and I hate to say it, but the whole thing has really affected me to the point of selling the busa. I don't know if I can extract the same enjoyment, this will certainly change my riding style for a long time to come. Sh*t.
SHOCKED.gif

Man, that bites. Are the tickets in town? I've learned to ride alot of the same roads and you start to pick up on their hiding places. In town, I'm good
smileyexhibit.gif
Don't do anything hastliy, but you're my age and probably already know that
smile.gif

OK Moondog yes the judge was pissed and harsh, but considering to sell the busa is not the answer. In November I just had the last 4 points drop off my driving record which at one point totalled 22 points. 26 points and you loose your license for 1 year. Now that didn't stop me from riding my busa the way I wanted, FAST! OK so you have to slow down for a little while, that's not going to kill you. But what's going to kill you is as soon as you sell your busa and the weather is perfect for riding, You go to get on your busa and then you remember you sold it, that's what going to kill you. Or when your out driving and you see busa after busa after busa drive past and you think Why did I sell my Busa? That going to kill you. At least it would kill me. Ever if I just ride 1 mile or 100 miles at least I'm riding and I have my busa to ride and to me that all the happiness I need.

Hope this helps.

OH if all else fails ride you busa out of state were if you do get a ticket it's just going to be a fine and no points or jail time! That what I would do
super.gif

Scary stuff, and I can understand how you feel. Next time make sure you have a lawyer, because you would have probably worked out a plea and only faced the judge to agree.

Not that most people haven't done it sometime in their life, but if you want to speed, honestly, find a good track day or dragstrip to let off the steam. This way you can do it legally and safely.

Hope you figure it all out.

The Judge just suffers from life-style envy. Never able to grow his own pair. Glad you escaped the full potential of the penalty though!

Before you throw in the towel, consider TRACK DAYS. They are a LOT MORE FUN than you can ever get out of street riding, and it sucks the interest of street riding away too sometimes. Cost? $490 would have paid for 3 track days..... ...I'm just sayin.....
smile.gif
Think about it

Dayum, that experience would have a profound affect on me also.

Makes you wonder why we do some of the things we do when something like this is only a flashing light away.

Sorry you had to go through it.

(1 BAD 2K @ May 16 2007,11:12) OK Moondog yes the judge was pissed and harsh, but considering to sell the busa is not the answer. In November I just had the last 4 points drop off my driving record which at one point totalled 22 points. 26 points and you loose your license for 1 year. Now that didn't stop me from riding my busa the way I wanted, FAST! OK so you have to slow down for a little while, that's not going to kill you. But what's going to kill you is as soon as you sell your busa and the weather is perfect for riding, You go to get on your busa and then you remember you sold it, that's what going to kill you. Or when your out driving and you see busa after busa after busa drive past and you think Why did I sell my Busa? That going to kill you. At least it would kill me. Ever if I just ride 1 mile or 100 miles at least I'm riding and I have my busa to ride and to me that all the happiness I need.

Hope this helps.

OH if all else fails ride you busa out of state were if you do get a ticket it's just going to be a fine and no points or jail time! That what I would do
super.gif
26 points?
rock.gif
where the hell do you live..7 points in PA and you lose your liscence..i was at 5 a yr ago,you get 1 point back a yr...I dont think you had as many points as you may think bro

(Ken02busa @ May 16 2007,11:26) I missed the first part of the saga- details?
+1
I'd like to know how all this came about before I allow myself to feel sorry for you!?

The 1st thread is here;

He got caught doing 137 in a 50 but only got written for 85. The cop might have written the 137 somewhere because that penalty sounds stiff for 35 over.

Moondog  i feel your pain... got a ticket for 101 in a 60   and one for a burnout in a Mall parking lot and was charged with  Racing On The Highway ... I got 900.00 in fines .. lost My DL for 6 mounts and was put on court ordered probation for 6 mounths...12 hours driving school to boot.... I'm 51 years old and he tossed the book at me also.....
eek2.gif
I should add i had a clean driving record for 34 years till now ....

Oh, no...not looking for any pity, I was guilty as hell. This whole thing started about a month ago, short version: wife and kids at track meet, I find myself with a hall pass. Jump on the bike for a quick ride on an absolutely purrrrfect late afternoon. Normal route, diff is I usually ride it in the early am. Never seen any leo's on this stretch in the morning, out in the country 5 miles from the nearest town (West Fork). There he was, dug in like a tick, barely caught the light bar. The officer says he got me at 137 but writes me up at 97 (I thought he said 85, ticket says 97) but doesn't take me to jail because I didn't run......I am damn lucky to avoid jail time, just airing it out for the board, cheaper then a shrink.....
tounge.gif
I'll bring my ticket and penalty to the meet & greet this weekend where I'll be riding at 40 mph at the back of the line....
jump9.gif

Might I suggest you get a TRACK BIKE and burn your desire for ABOVE average speeds there. I just LOVE my Duc, and can go just as fast as my BRAIN will allow it. And hitting 170 isn't such a big deal anymore
wink.gif
, especially since I know there isn't someone else coming the other way in MY lane. And just forget the Cops, the only radar we use at the track is for YOUR smiles
biggrin.gif
, NOT they's  
beerchug.gif

Yikes that bites!  I know it is only a matter of time before I get caught too, it is interesting to note that we are in the same age bracket and have that need for speed.  Is this a mid-life crisis?  Track days can get a bit expensive, so if you are going to speed make sure you do it outside of this judges juristiction.  Next time could it could get really ugly.

judge.jpg

Yep that sucks. If the cop only wrote for 85, this judge must suck bobos by choice!

I, being 60, thought maybe that might influence a judge when my time comes. Evidently, not so.

(moondog @ May 16 2007,13:40) For those of you that wondered about the rest of my speeding ticket saga....went to court last night in the big city of West Fork, Ar.... the judge ripped my face off, he was red-faced and PISSED. After a 5 minute rant he proceeds to tell me he thinks 10 days in jail is in order, I about hit the floor. After a little more conversation he gives me 90 DAYS, 85 suspended....5 days community service helping build the new West Fork city softball complex and $490 in fines. Told me if I get caught speeding again in his jurisdiction I would go straight to jail and finish the 85 days. I said yes sir.......I am a dumb ass. He was such a jerk, told me that this is somthing he would expect out of a 19 year old but at 51, we have arrived at who we are...apparently he didn't like who I was all that much. So ends the story. I guess I'm lucky, I really thought I was going to jail last night and I hate to say it, but the whole thing has really affected me to the point of selling the busa. I don't know if I can extract the same enjoyment, this will certainly change my riding style for a long time to come. Sh*t.
SHOCKED.gif
Didn't you have an oppurtunity for a jury trial
rock.gif
or was it put to ya that they would remand the ticket to the original charge because they can't testify to anything but the truth under oath.

Was that a six point ticket
rock.gif
Sounds like a six point ticket in SC

Glad he didn't jail ya. Can you attend a school and get points back
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

(dmrowe @ May 16 2007,13:51) Yikes that bites!  I know it is only a matter of time before I get caught too, it is interesting to note that we are in the same age bracket and have that need for speed.  Is this a mid-life crisis?  Track days can get a bit expensive, so if you are going to speed make sure you do it outside of this judges juristiction.  Next time could it could get really ugly.

judge.jpg
Me thinks
wink.gif
track days are alot cheaper than Court Cost, Jail Time, Loss of Job (Because in Jail) , Ticket Fine or Attorney Cost and Insurance Going UP on Ya ! Along with maybe loss of Lis and Job if you have a CDL  
sad.gif

Back