Monster fairing update

Busabuild2020

Registered
update on my 07 fresh up. Purchased monster fairing kit 7/20/20 still waiting on tracking number so far have stripped, cleaned, painted, greased, replaced pads,tires, plugs, exhaust, and fuel filter bypass. Have a tank on order due to the old one being heavily rusted inside. Put little over 800 miles on it, so far running beautifully.
20200820_231431.jpg

20200820_231234.jpg

A cheap noname billet gas cap from China will solve the venting problem. Install it without the silicone hose that goes down the vent hole. The vapors vent to the outside right through the gas cap ring....you know, the gasket seals the fuel filler neck but not the whole ring. Vapors will escape out of there no problem, it's an actual gap between the gas cap housing and the recess it fits into on the tank. Worked like a charm for my ZX-14 and that bike was known to have clogged vent and water drain from the factory. It was only wax packing material and eventually cleared itself but lots of us changed the gas cap and no more tea kettle hiss on a hot day. I can recommend an EVOtech for best weightloss I know of or a Lightech which would be slightly heavier. The china special I bought has an Arashi sticker on it but it looks like great quality just its solid billet and weighs about the sam as OEM. Also, the color is not good but I believe I paid about $30 for it or maybe less. Never tried fitting it so I can't tell you about that but that would be important obviously.

One problem you should keep up on is water going through the gap between the gas cap ring and the tank. If the vent and the water drain are both clogged, water can't escape and you might get rust in there eventually. Stay out of the raiin and be careful when you wash the bike. Also if the tank tips forward like if you remove it and set it on the ground, it will leak past the ring. Also if the bike drops or the tank is overfilled, the fuel will leak out of the ring instead of down by the belly pan.

fuel.vent.ill.jpg

Back