A Monster Fairings Review / Bike Rebuild Thread

Worked a bit more today trying to get all wiring done.
Did a a dual relay setup so I could get my intake halos to flash when my blinkers come on. Anything to help me be seen better.

p

B1EC7820-A7A5-4AA7-93D5-99B4879DC8B1.jpeg

I really would love to put more miles on my bike. As stupid as it sounds I have always been so over protective of my bike. Hated having to park anywhere, always worried about weather. I think now I am just going to try to enjoy it for once considering I almost lost it.

Did you buy foam replacement for the bike fairings or did your sort aftermarket foam? If so, where did you get it?

Did you buy foam replacement for the bike fairings or did your sort aftermarket foam? If so, where did you get it?

Moto Onfire Powersports Pro Pre-cut Adhesive Heat Shield Fairing For 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Suzuki Hayabusa Gsx-r 1300 GSX1300R https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZJ2UUZE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_v62VBb7N5BKPS

I ordered this from amazon, it says gen 2 but it fit my gen 1 just fine. I went overboard I insulated more than was even insulated on the factory fairings but I didn’t want to risk damage to my after market fairings. I figured they are prob more fragile than oem. Or maybe not lol.

I want to order the oem kanji stickers the twilight ones and put them in the fairings

Sweet, thanks brother. The dealer wants an arm and a leg for their poop
There has been several members here that successfully “peeled” and reattached/reused their inner heat shield and foam on fairings. I’ve always read it takes patience though.

There has been several members here that successfully “peeled” and reattached/reused their inner heat shield and foam on fairings. I’ve always read it takes patience though.
Yea it seems like it could be done relatively easy but I lack the key word in your post....patience lol.

I tried last night and it wasn’t pretty at all. I guess I can try tonight but being that it’s a brand new bike, I just wanted to be safe.

I tried last night and it wasn’t pretty at all. I guess I can try tonight but being that it’s a brand new bike, I just wanted to be safe.
I think I read about a heat gun being involved in the process, but don’t quote me on that.

:laugh: ...... hey, do you want nice corbin seats for your rebuild? I just listed a set in like new condition for a good price.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/gen1-front-and-rear-corbin-seats-for-sale-260.195058/
It’s funny that you posted that I was actually admiring them earlier I always considered getting corbins my dad is a Harley guy and he swears by them and if I could find a back rest my girlfriend would prob love it. I have to see about financials lol I would love to buy them. Let me see what I got going on this week.

It’s funny that you posted that I was actually admiring them earlier I always considered getting corbins my dad is a Harley guy and he swears by them and if I could find a back rest my girlfriend would prob love it. I have to see about financials lol I would love to buy them. Let me see what I got going on this week.
Ok. :thumbsup:

I think I read about a heat gun being involved in the process, but don’t quote me on that.

I just purchased a heat gun and some 3m spray adhesive. I decided I couldn’t wait anymore, bike been on stand for a week now and I’m almost done with HID projector retrofits. I don’t want to completely hi-jack this thread so I’ll post it on my original purchase post ^_^

2D02AEBC-A385-419F-BD5B-32F36FFA7C3D.jpeg

BA08BFD6-EAF7-4F39-8904-B10F72F35605.jpeg

I just purchased a heat gun and some 3m spray adhesive. I decided I couldn’t wait anymore, bike been on stand for a week now and I’m almost done with HID projector retrofits. I don’t want to completely hi-jack this thread so I’ll post it on my original purchase post ^_^

View attachment 1586304

View attachment 1586305
Woweee that is beautiful. I wish I had the skills and patience to do a dual projector setup like that. I tried splitting my truck Headlight once by baking in the oven and it didn’t go so well lol.

View attachment 1586304

View attachment 1586305
Glad to see you making progress! You’ll be really happy with the light output once done. To me, it was worth the trouble of doing the retrofit

Back