A Monster Fairings Review / Bike Rebuild Thread

Got a look inside and saw how clean the oil still looked pretty happy with how this stuff held up although I can’t be certain how many miles I put on it lol it could have only been a few hundred but nevertheless it’s been in there 2 years.

E6B4AE8B-9D0C-483F-BE07-866F3528D63A.jpeg

Wow what a journey you even made several upgrades along the way. Nice work most people would have just let it go with that kind of damage. What happened guessing a coeworker took it out for a non sanctioned ride?

Wow what a journey you even made several upgrades along the way. Nice work most people would have just let it go with that kind of damage. What happened guessing a coeworker took it out for a non sanctioned ride?

Thank you!
Exactly! You hit the nail on the head, non sanctioned ride, someone who “has ridden bikes for years” needless to say apparently not very well.
Yea that was most of the reactions I got from people. Between the storage owed and the damages I was told that I would never be able to get the coworker to make right on it. I settled at the $2,000 and getting the bike out of the impound knowing it would be a difficult process to repair it on such a stringent budget but all in all I think it has recovered back to about 80 % now.
I still want to go back to oem fairings eventually, although the monster fairings are pretty damn close to oem. Once I do my wheels over the only items that are not to “oem” spec will be the fairings and a few very small imperfections in the frame which I will address when I powder coat the frame black and have my transmission undercut.

Installed the carbon overlay for the fuel cap today, I have wanted to run one of these for years but never could bring myself to deal with a “raised” fuel cap. Now that I am actually running a tank cover it brings the fuel cap almost level with the tank. It’s a win win lol.

Oh and started wiring up the new LED lighting, going all blue only again. Other colors are nice but I love blue and I know I’ll always run it blue so may as well just do all blue.

85CAF5B2-1D64-41FF-8CB4-1AA8F73CD146.jpeg

C36B2E3A-6779-48D3-9E7F-D420738737F2.jpeg

DEF524AB-5222-45E1-8AD6-9F737B797685.jpeg

37D379D4-5C32-46FB-967A-CB0A85747955.jpeg

Thank you!
Exactly! You hit the nail on the head, non sanctioned ride, someone who “has ridden bikes for years” needless to say apparently not very well.
Yea that was most of the reactions I got from people. Between the storage owed and the damages I was told that I would never be able to get the coworker to make right on it. I settled at the $2,000 and getting the bike out of the impound knowing it would be a difficult process to repair it on such a stringent budget but all in all I think it has recovered back to about 80 % now.
I still want to go back to oem fairings eventually, although the monster fairings are pretty damn close to oem. Once I do my wheels over the only items that are not to “oem” spec will be the fairings and a few very small imperfections in the frame which I will address when I powder coat the frame black and have my transmission undercut.
Listen this bike looks way better than it did prior in my opinion, very sharp and catches the eye so be proud don't know if you should really bother with OEM at all just saying. I have to learn how to powder coat have some of the stuff just have to commit I guess.

Listen this bike looks way better than it did prior in my opinion, very sharp and catches the eye so be proud don't know if you should really bother with OEM at all just saying. I have to learn how to powder coat have some of the stuff just have to commit I guess.
Thank you again, I appreciate the kind words. It tore me up when the bike was wrecked. The one possession that has value to me.
Powder coating is really easy it’s easier than painting and there is no waiting, comes out of oven, cools down and it’s good to go. Perfect for me I hate waiting I want to install everything in my bike warp speed lol. I spend a little time each day in the morning and evening doing some work on it. I don’t think I will have much riding this season since it’s almost winter here but hey I’ll be ready for next season!!

Installed the carbon overlay for the fuel cap today, I have wanted to run one of these for years but never could bring myself to deal with a “raised” fuel cap. Now that I am actually running a tank cover it brings the fuel cap almost level with the tank. It’s a win win lol.

Oh and started wiring up the new LED lighting, going all blue only again. Other colors are nice but I love blue and I know I’ll always run it blue so may as well just do all blue.

View attachment 1586080

View attachment 1586083

Looks amazing! So are you totally satisfied with Monster Fairings? Did they fix the orange peel? Forgive me if you already answered this.

I have that same 06 color but after 87,000 miles its a little rough around the edges.Great job on the rebuild looks really sharpe.
Holy SH!T!! :race:
87,000 miles man that is a lot! Yea I mean I can imagine how much bug guts that is. You must live some place warm because here in ny I was averaging about 3,000 a season I hate riding in the cold. I do love the blue silver 06’s has been my all time fave gen 1 scheme. Any pics?

Looks amazing! So are you totally satisfied with Monster Fairings? Did they fix the orange peel? Forgive me if you already answered this.
They went back and painted the 3 pieces over again for me, they are presently going to clear coat and I told them to take their time I have no issue waiting and they were more than happy to put in extra effort to my clear coat. I should have the parts in about 2 weeks so I will reply back regarding the results but overall I am extremely pleased.

Holy SH!T!! :race:
87,000 miles man that is a lot! Yea I mean I can imagine how much bug guts that is. You must live some place warm because here in ny I was averaging about 3,000 a season I hate riding in the cold. I do love the blue silver 06’s has been my all time fave gen 1 scheme. Any pics?
You should read about “scar” and his 2008 busa he calls “wasabi”. I think he is at 220k plus miles. Yes, you read it right the first time.... 220,000plus miles. :laugh:

That's a lot of cruisers....glad there were a couple sport bikes in there to keep them honest.
AHA, Yea...It was a really cool experience. The first time I had ever done anything like that. The slow ride killed though. That was in CT so we rode from here in NY out to CT and then did the run. By the time we got to the end I could hardly squeeze my clutch in I had to just keep my hand flat and pull it back with my body lol. We decided to take the ferry back.

You should read about “scar” and his 2008 busa he calls “wasabi”. I think he is at 220k plus miles. Yes, you read it right the first time.... 220,000plus miles. :laugh:
I really would love to put more miles on my bike. As stupid as it sounds I have always been so over protective of my bike. Hated having to park anywhere, always worried about weather. I think now I am just going to try to enjoy it for once considering I almost lost it.

I really would love to put more miles on my bike. As stupid as it sounds I have always been so over protective of my bike. Hated having to park anywhere, always worried about weather. I think now I am just going to try to enjoy it for once considering I almost lost it.
You've seen the worst, now go enjoy the best.

Back