Mom-in-law took the Oath and is a Citizen

Congrats on her finally becoming a citizen! Does it normally take that long to become a citizen? Just would like to know, because I live in Az and always wondered why people would be willing to cross illlegally and stay.

Congrats on her finally becoming a citizen! Does it normally take that long to become a citizen? Just would like to know, because I live in Az and always wondered why people would be willing to cross illlegally and stay.

The Guy who did ceremony 'Uncle Pedro' told us it now can be done in three months .
She did not apply until just a couple yrs ago cuz she was studying and did not want to fail .
Once you finally get your appt to take the test if you fail you go back to square one so she wanted to be ready .

Congratulations to your MIL!!!! I'm proud to see some people still respect it as the gift that it is.

It does bother me that most of the people there probably had no idea what they just repeated.

:usa: Congrats to her! It's always good to see someone earn something like that. :usa:

Congratulations to your MIL!!!! I'm proud to see some people still respect it as the gift that it is.

It does bother me that most of the people there probably had no idea what they just repeated.

Yes it does me as well.
My MIA spoke english for the test and had memorized all answers but still when he said

"today you forsake your former country and swear allegiance to USA" I dont think many understood or that she fully comprehended what she was saying.

No way I'm telling her she aint Cuban anymore...:rofl:

Back