moisture in oil sight glass? plz help

I would walk away from this deal there is to much sounding like neglect in just the little bit you have said. Busa's are plentiful and you really want to get a sportbike that has been properly taken care of. Let this one be someone elses headache.

Why not take it to a trusted mechanic. I know a lot of people don't like dealerships, but you could negotiate that you'll buy it for $X IF the dealership or mechanic you take it to says its good. Also the mechanic may notice more than you will, giving you additional ammo to negotiate the price with the guy. And you'll feel better knowing more about what you're getting.

Without a complete tear down you still might not know what you're getting but there are usually signs / symptoms of neglect/wear and tear on a bike that a good mechanic can spot.

All that being said, I typically only buy new bikes, or a used bike/car that is an UNBELIEVABLE deal, that way, even if I have to sink money into it, I'll still come out ahead of what I consider fair.

Find out how much a motor is to replace the one it just in case it has a problem that can't be fixed.:whistle:

you spent to much time looking at it after you saw this...... run don't, walk from that deal.

thanks for all the good advice. im going to call the guy today and tell him i cant do the deal.
:welcome: first off.

it's low on oil so either it's burning it, leaking it, or didn't get enough oil tha last oil change. If it's burning it then you just have to keep an eye on the level for awhile and eventually have to rebuilt (can be done under1500). If it's leaking it than look at where it's parked for spots. If it's leaking than it's probably the oil pan gasket (not a big deal). If it was under filled than you still have to worry a little cause it's been ridden under filled for awhile. Either way you'll most likely have to rebuild in the future. But IMHO if YOU take care of it it should be fine for awhile till your ready to rebuild or maybe go big bore.

I'd like to see the oil (after) he changes it in your presence, if you're that interested (and) he's that anxious to sell, it might be worth it. At 15,000 miles, there isn't much maintenance to do other than maybe run the valves and change the air filter right? Buying a bike with those miles on it, you'd have that stuff checked anyway. May be a good deal, with only condensation on the sight glass, helped by being down a quart or so. Why it was down is a mystery though, having 27,000 on my 06 and never having to add oil. Good luck!

+1 on that. I had over 35K on an '06 and it didn't use oil between changes and I ran it somewhat hard.

Back