Mods to be done at the bash?

looking for a dry nos kit donation and assistance with install on
friday....
lol1.gif

Suspension setting for me, would like to put the brake lines in too but not unless someone says for sure they can take the time,"im new to the 08 so I'm very sketchy about doing stuff on my own, Capt please count me in for the Assembly line,and general "go get me that over there" duty.
If anyone can helpw itht h brake lines I will need the recommendation on what to buy, yup, never thought I would have to relearn everything after I got rid of my Yamaha, well your call team anyone can help? If not no biggie, I will still do my part to help others!
beerchug.gif

ooo ooooo ooooo I forgot. I want to put some engine ice in. I'll bring it in case it can be squeezed in.
beerchug.gif

ooo ooooo ooooo I forgot. I want to put some engine ice in. I'll bring it in case it can be squeezed in.
beerchug.gif
If you're wanting to do that, plan on brining some distilled water and vinegar. Before you install Engine Ice, you need to COMPLETELY flush out the old coolant.

Here's the procedure directly from the Engine Ice website:

1. Mix the water/vinegar at 50/50
2. Fill system with the solution
3. Run engine until warm
4. Let cool
5. Drain
6. Run clear water through to rinse out vinegar.
7. Fill with coolant of choice.

ooo   ooooo   ooooo I forgot. I want to put some engine ice in. I'll bring it in case it can be squeezed in.
beerchug.gif
If you're wanting to do that, plan on brining some distilled water and vinegar.  Before you install Engine Ice, you need to COMPLETELY flush out the old coolant.

1.       Mix the water/vinegar at 50/50
2.       Fill system with the solution
3.       Run engine until warm
4.       Let cool
5.       Drain
6.       Run clear water through to rinse out vinegar.
7.       Fill with coolant of choice.
thumb_up.gif
2 gal. distilled water and 1 gal vinegar. and 2 gal engine ice
hello.gif

I have almost 10,000 miles and will have already taken care of my coolant, oil, chain tension and already did the Jinkster suspension mod, but I would like to get the throttle bodies synched. I'm probably due but just don't know if the time is gonna be there to do so. How long does this take?

I would install new brake pads as well, but don't feel confident messing with something as critical as the brakes.

I have almost 10,000 miles and will have already taken care of my coolant, oil, chain tension and already did the Jinkster suspension mod, but I would like to get the throttle bodies synched. I'm probably due but just don't know if the time is gonna be there to do so. How long does this take?

I would install new brake pads as well, but don't feel confident messing with something as critical as the brakes.
are you coming now???

LMK cause we can convoy up...did it last year with Lady Hawk....I am sure this year will be similar.

bring the brake pads....I'll get you in/out in under 5 minutes! (fronts only)
winkold.gif

another 10 minutes for the rear....cause there will be a beer between the sets.
laugh.gif

I have almost 10,000 miles and will have already taken care of my coolant, oil, chain tension and already did the Jinkster suspension mod, but I would like to get the throttle bodies synched.  I'm probably due but just don't know if the time is gonna be there to do so.  How long does this take?

are you coming now???

LMK cause we can convoy up...did it last year with Lady Hawk....I am sure this year will be similar.

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
make sure u stop by the cabin(202) for a nice cold bacardi limon and monster...

I have almost 10,000 miles and will have already taken care of my coolant, oil, chain tension and already did the Jinkster suspension mod, but I would like to get the throttle bodies synched.  I'm probably due but just don't know if the time is gonna be there to do so.  How long does this take?

are you coming now???

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
make sure u stop by the cabin(202) for a nice cold bacardi limon and monster...
Cool all the drunks are close, im in Cabin 201!

are you coming now???

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
Yepper, just confirmed last night!

I'll give you a call to see if we can convoy up. I've got a 45 mile head start on ya from where I live.
winkold.gif
No ETD yet, but we're not leaving until Thursday and definitely want to leave at a time where we avoid all the Atlanta traffic meaning we'll likely leave in the 6 AM hour so we're getting through Atlanta around 1:00 PM.

winkold.gif

ooo   ooooo   ooooo I forgot. I want to put some engine ice in. I'll bring it in case it can be squeezed in.
beerchug.gif
If you're wanting to do that, plan on brining some distilled water and vinegar.  Before you install Engine Ice, you need to COMPLETELY flush out the old coolant.

1.       Mix the water/vinegar at 50/50
2.       Fill system with the solution
3.       Run engine until warm
4.       Let cool
5.       Drain
6.       Run clear water through to rinse out vinegar.
7.       Fill with coolant of choice.
Hmmm... great advice. I have Engine Ice in mine already but I don't remember if I flushed or not when I did the switch over. Do you recommend flushing the system again again if you're replacing the Engine Ice?

Also, I'm thinking about installing some LED's if there are any experts who can do that. What type of LED's do you recommend? I want to put one in each air intake hole, one in each hole underneath the passenger seat and inside my fairings. I would put some underneath my undertail but I'm not interested in drilling any holes!

Gosh! Now that I think about it!! Who can cut my fairing pretty well so that I can show off my clear clutch cover mod without having to repaint and what would it cost and what do I have to bring? Man, my baby might be getting cosmetic surgery all day!!

My pitch to Vic..he hasnt been able to get a fairing to form the K8 screens, I told him send me straights and maybe we can take fairings off and bend them in, then send that set back to him so that he can start making them for the 08, I am more than willing to volunteer my bike, anybody interested in getting the fairing screens from Vic? Worthwhile?
beerchug.gif

My pitch to Vic..he hasnt been able to get a fairing to form the K8 screens, I told him send me straights and maybe we can take fairings off and bend them in, then send that set back to him so that he can start making them for the 08, I am more than willing to volunteer my bike, anybody interested in getting the fairing screens from Vic? Worthwhile?
beerchug.gif
did your wife give you your keys back yet?
laugh.gif

post_12_31103_neener.gif

beerchug.gif
did your wife give you your keys back yet?
laugh.gif
Master Chief got home Friday night, which is why I rode yesterday! That beeach made me suffer that one...
sad.gif

Back