Mods for Destined Classics

john blaze

Registered
So I wanted to know what you guys thought about this. I have a super clean 40th anniversary edition but wanted to make some changes, possibly 1397 with laughing gas, a mild cam setup and a slight stretch and maybe go 4 into 1. My dilemma however is, this bike might be a collectable item in the future and it is in really good condition. Would these mods ruin a possible classic?

If the Gen1 actually becomes a classic sometime in the future I know from experience owning two Honda CBXs, a first year model and a last year model, more than anything, collectors want original bikes in original condition right down to OEM stickers, reflectors, pegs, everything. The reason is this, a motorcycle can only be original once.

Probably would kill the untouched mint factory a bit ... But only a problem if it ever gets sold off . Sometimes you got to do what you want , and damn the consequences !!
Thanks, its just that when I end up at a meet, people give compliments, admire it and thereafter we go on a run. Lol, their bikes are so fast, so much done to them, and my lil Gypsy is willing but not ready to keep up with them. These s1000rr's, these H2's and, oh my goodness the zx14's make it look as if I was looking for parking. I suppose she can be pretty and fast. Right?

Thanks Ive made up my mind, but now ill have to save up a little more to buy another Busa to mod. Thanks for the input gents. These damn new sport bikes though. Sh!tt.
dude... there are sooooo many of these bikes around.. we are never gonna get rich selling them... besides.. if u wanna LEAVE the h2s and zx14s … ure headed in the wrong direction anyway…. if u want big power.. go turbo....

Trouble is , we get attached to these bikes , we give 'em pet names , and end up finding it hard to tear them up , or part with them altogether ... If he gets a second Busa , that's a good thing , maybe Gen 2 and see how he feels about hotting her (see) up ! Definitely be nice to have a stealth type turbo system fitted up on the next Busa , with nice reliable big power .

dude... there are sooooo many of these bikes around.. we are never gonna get rich selling them... besides.. if u wanna LEAVE the h2s and zx14s … ure headed in the wrong direction anyway…. if u want big power.. go turbo....
You're so right bro, we,ve got YouTube to prove it, but I don't know anybody here in Cape Town that can do a proper Turbo kit. (those Smackdown, 650ib vids, with Turbo Warren whpping the H2's and 14's even his own kid,Mr FastTap75, some turbo education, lol.)

I'm sure it's a nice bike but the only thing different about the 40th Anniversary Edition is the color and an emblem on the triple clamp. It's just a bike, not a family heirloom. It's really not worth more than any other Gen 1. Enjoy it...
the problem is... u tell a guy to get another bike and hot rod it... I guarantee itll never happen…. just like that 1968 vette that ure gonaa ONE DAY buy..... or that 30 foot Baja outlaw boat..... its NOW or never...

This is a US spec bike not Euro or Japanese, and yes the colour is unique, but it is especially unique in this country (South Africa), since it is put together by American Suzuki Company. So it does carry some value here. I will first try to get another Busa and charge that. I am one of these sentimental folk though, who wants the bike we have now to be fast, so maybe ill change my mind if I lose my patience and work this Gen 1. And thank you so much, I am enjoying it.:thumbsup:

This is a US spec bike not Euro or Japanese, and yes the colour is unique, but it is especially unique in this country (South Africa), since it is put together by American Suzuki Company. So it does carry some value here. I will first try to get another Busa and charge that. I am one of these sentimental folk though, who wants the bike we have now to be fast, so maybe ill change my mind if I lose my patience and work this Gen 1. And thank you so much, I am enjoying it.:thumbsup:
find a builder/tuner first...…. in south Africa... I dunno man... maybe a big bore and cams is the better solution there..... much easier to dial in... and at heart im a nitrous lover.... but get with a nitrous BIKE expert...…

the problem is... u tell a guy to get another bike and hot rod it... I guarantee itll never happen…. just like that 1968 vette that ure gonaa ONE DAY buy..... or that 30 foot Baja outlaw boat..... its NOW or never...
Amen Bro, It is now or never. Just to find the bike. Gotta teach these young whipper snappers some respect......with their 1000cc machines.

U.S bike or not, they are all built in Japan.
Not alot of assembly is needed after the shipping crate is opened.
It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Too many people collect whatever, in the hope it will be valuable one day, or because it has anniversery or limited stamped on it.
Old anythings that are valuable today, are because nobody kept them, supply and demand.
They may not be very common where you live, but the world markets are flooded with gen2s.
It'll be a longggg time if and before gen1 or 2 values go back up, if ever, especially with a possible gen3 coming out.

There are no Trophies in street racing a bunch of hooligans who have more money than sense .
Next year XYZ bike company will make improvements to beat the other ZYX Co. It is a never ending cycle of keeping up with the Jones's . Good way to get killed or license suspended with some one on one big Bubba time in jail .
Take it to the track , and screw the latest XYZ super bike by improving your rider skills .
As said above that GEN 1 LE is not worth the dream numbers . Only a Copper 99 as any value , but in the US you can still get one on occasions for under 10,000 USD . A $7000 2008 gen 2 will kick the Gen 1 butt .
Rather than find a tuner in South Africa maybe import a built bike from state side that is ready to go if you just have to go out with the hooligans .

Carry on I'll move along now ;)

Back