Mobil 1 in Seattle area?

Hey Velociraptor, were you in the pack of bikes I saw parked in Elbe near Mt. Rainier last Sunday? I though maybe I saw a bus in that bunch.

Anyone know where I can find some Mobil 1 10w-40 for motorcycles around Seattle? According to their website Schucks should have it. I checked at the store by University Village and got the usual blank look of the employee who has worked there two weeks and probably can't change a tire! I don't think we have Autozones around here. From the various things I've read Mobil1 for Motorcycles seems to be the best. Of course there are differing opinions on that but I just want to find some of this synthetic mojo juice.

I have used various synthetic lubricant products from Mobil 1 and have never had any related problems. I use the 10-40 bike oil in my Busa and love it. Be sure to ask the manager if they sell it, the store I go to does not have it on the floor they keep it in the back.

Raptor, the best auto parts guy I recall from when I used to live in Seattle was Wendell at University Auto Parts (NAPA) on Roosevelt, just north of 45th. He is probably still there, although I haven't been there in a few years.

Another suggestion would be Aurora Suzuki. Mike Sweeney is a sales guy there, but he knows Suzuki sport bikes front to back, and won't steer you wrong. I am sure he's still there too.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I can't get the Mobil e-store to work so I sent them a note about that. Headeded over to Aurora Suzuki this morning-I'll check with them. Peregrine, close but no cigar, I went through Rainier solo on Saturday. Went up 410 to Cayuse pass then into the park through the east entrance and from there up to Paradise and down the other side. Fantastic ride and traffic was light too. It doesn't get any better!

Raptor, you want my suggestion on a couple of Busa roads...

One is Highway 7 out of Tacoma down to Morton, good twisty day ride. For that matter, the circuit around Mercer Island is great too.

But the REAL one is Highway 243/240, to the Tri-cities from I-90. Go east on 90 to where you cross the Columbia River at Vantage. Go south on 243 there. You will go up into the hills for a few miles, and then....open her up!! There are a few Staters out there, so be careful. But if you really want to find out what full afterburner feels like, that is the best road close to Seattle to do it on.

Have fun!

Back