Source of cheap Mobil 1 MX4T & Filters

OB_WARBIRD

Registered
Hey guys, I get my filters from my dealer,Lee's Suzuki in Harrodsburg Kentucky. He charges 11.86 for a filter and 3.84 for the Suzuki oil filter socket. He may give a price break for multiple oil filters. You can get info at www.leesinc.com I get my Mobil 1 MX4T at Auto Zone, its 7.99 a quart. I have used Mobil 1 15-50 [the car oil, its better than anything else, car or motorcycle, except for the Mobil 1 MX4T] in no less than 20 new motorcycles of mine and my wifes with absolutly fantastic results. On the street and on the track, never had an oil related failure or problem. The Mobil 1 "car oil" comes in 15-50. The Mobil 1 "motorcycle oil" MX4T, comes in 10-40. You can get the 15-50 at Advance Auto for 3.99 a quart, a real bargain, and at any Wall Mart in the country for 4.25 a quart. Being able to get the 15-50 at any Wall Mart,Mobil station,auto parts stores and some grocery stores makes it THE choice for anyone who travels on their bike or lives in a small town.[just ask Martinm2]

[This message has been edited by WARBIRD (edited 15 July 2000).]

By the way, my friend just came up from Clarksville-Tennessee, and brought me a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 15-50 [I use that in all my vehicles exept the busa,which gets the MX4T] that he got from Wall Mart. 14.99! Thats 3.00 a quart when bought that way!! If your Wall Mart doesnt have it right now they will have it in the fall. Seems at some Wall Marts its a seasonal thing. Thats what the manager at mine told me when I called him. What a deal huh? Later.

Yes, WARBIRD is right. I also did alot of research on this particular question, I currently use the 15W50 in my busa, no problems and runs great. I would still rather have the MX4T, but due to availability, forget it.

Filters I pick up at a local bike shop.

Who knows a source of cheap oil and filters?

The Mobil web pages quote $46.99 for a six pack of Mobil 1 Synthetic MX4T plus shipping. That's $7.84 a quart. Anybody know a cheaper source?

Also need OEM oil filters. P/N 16510-34E00. I'm using the OEM's because I don't want warranty trouble. Current quote is $14.00. There HAS to be a cheaper source of these.

Lyle, AutoZone is supposed to carry the Mobil 1 oil but all the local ones around here DON'T. I ordered it from Mobil online. Try the AutoZones up in PA, maybe.

As for the oil filters, I bought 4 from the dealer. Can't remember the $. Try Too_Quick, one of the board members.

go to pep boys, and get mobil 1 synthetic 10w 40 for cars. it works fine. dont beleive the hype. $4.50 a quart. i personally use valvoline syntec 5w 30....

Buy the filters in Canada, I recall they are 12.99 list Can approx $ 8.50 US. I get a 15% discount and pay $ 10.50 Can .Suzuki must just make up the prices for different markets and Canada rapidly is becomming a third world country and these prices reflect this. My 2 cents.

Yes Please,

I need a filter (or filters) and wrench ASAP. at a reasonable price. The local dealer wants $15.00 for the filter and does not have the wrench in stock. If they sell water wetter that will be a bonus.

15.00 tell the dealer to wake up and sell them for at least retail.
serious go tell your dealer if he wants your business to not over infate the price.

Johnnycheese, now that I think about it,I never asked my dealer what retail is on the oil filters. What is the retail price? He charges me 11.86.

To-Quick... Jim at Sunrise has 'em for $9.61 apiece but $7.00 to ship a package up to 10 lbs. Best to buy the filters and some other stuff together.

Thanx for the tip Gary. $5.93 a quart + UPS shipping. It's worth the call just to hear Veronica's voice with it's sweet southern accent.

Where's To-Quick when you want him? I guess I'll have to search out his phone number.

Johnny ... what does your dealer charge for filters and will he/she do phone order business?

My Busa (like my wife) gets my best.. OEM filters and MX4T. I save the cheap for the Ford truck.

Got filters from Competition Accessories for $9.00 each. Gotta watch the handling charge with those guys, but if your buying other stuff it can even out.

I bought the 1 MX4T through Mobile's web site I was a raped at $10.41/QT with shipping.

Well. around here (knoxville) filters go for $15.00 and Mobil 10-40 at $7.99 a quart. /be carefull with the new SJ ratings of car oil (including Mobil 1 car oil) clutch problems and/or starter clutch issues will result. This used to not be the case a couple of years ago, but it is now.

Mobil 1 15-50 IS one of the last to change to the SJ rating. If you buy the 15-50 "car oil" be darn sure it does not say SJ on the container. "SJ" oils contain friction modifiers and these modifiers can lead to clutch slippage. I have used the Mobil 1 15-50 forever it seems like, with the very best results,however, it seems that it finally changed from SG to SJ.I did not know this until I read the above posts by earl and gsxrturbo1. The oil article coming up in Motorcycle Consumer News by rotts4u will be great to read. Oil is a highly debatable subject but in my opinion there is abslolutly NOTHING better you can use in your bike than the MX4T. Im sure the oil test will show this to be true. MX4T and factory Suzuki oil filters are the best way to go.

[This message has been edited by WARBIRD (edited 17 July 2000).]

[This message has been edited by WARBIRD (edited 17 July 2000).]

Earl is correct, Mobil 1 15w50 was one of the last oils to go to SJ rating from SG rating. Unless you can find old stock 15w50 BEFORE it became tri-synthetic it is likely SJ. Personally I cannot wait for ROTTS4U article in Motorcycle Consumer News comes out later this summer!

WARBIRD, you are defintely right I changed my oil last night and the bike shifts so much better, it was something I noticed right away, MX4T will be the only thing going in my Busa.

Back