Source of cheap Mobil 1 MX4T & Filters

Good for you busababy,the shifting IS noticable right away isnt it? Watch your temp gauge, mine stays a little lower now. I also run the prestone 5 year pink coolant. It helped a little too. Between the coolant and Mobil oil my busa is a happy girl. We rode up to Brown County State Park a couple weekends ago,great place. I saw in your profile your close, ever been there?

[This message has been edited by WARBIRD (edited 18 July 2000).]

I just ordered 12 Qts of Mobil MX4T from Rex Oil Company. Cost was $85 delivered (no tax).

Rex Oil Company
Thomasville North Carolina
(336) 472-3000

I used mobil 1 15-50w car oil in my 97'YZF 1000. At about 12,000 miles it started smoking and using quite a bit of oil. I changed the oil and filter religously. Whether or not it caused the smoking, I dont know but its MX4 for me now.

Hey Earl, I did use fresh distilled water but mixed at 50/50. More water does help it to run cooler doesnt it? I have a heated garage,[air conditioned too] so the freezing part wont be a problem. Does the water wetter have lubricant properties, and where does your temp gauge run? Sounds pretty interesting. I love that pink Prestone, quality stuff.

Yep, I have decided that the Mobil MC 10w/40 is the best you can buy also. This from a dedicated Golden Spectro user. Coolant--try this---gallon bottle---3/4 distalled water--4 ounces of water wetter---finish capping with Prestone "pink" collant. Only give you about 10 degrees of freezing protection though, but it will sure run cool.

Warbird----yeah, I just do not check org but about every couple of days when my life settles down a bit. Yes, water wetter does lubricate the water pump and provide some corrosion protection. I just think a little (about 10 - 15 %) of anti-freeze helps too. But with less Prestone it really does run cooler.

The going norm is 2000 miles. I changed mine at 400 miles. I am EXTREMLY cautious and very picky with what and when I use on my bikes. I have never had a problem using synthetics early. Some say to wait, some dont.[Chevrolet for instance,fills all the Corvettes with Mobil 1 from the factory.] Id say if you asked 100 people 95 would say 2000 miles. I think if it is time to change your oil and you have 1500 miles you should maked the change to Mobil 1 MX4T now. You'll be glad you did. The second you put it in gear you will notice the difference.
P.S. Be sure to use Suzuki oil filters bimmerbusa. Later.

warbird, thanks for the quick reply. just ordered mobil 1 mx4t online. i already purchased a zuk filter and wrench..
I have been using mobil1 in cars for like 15 years now and swear by it. i had a non watercooled 300zx turbo with 168 thousand miles on it. turbo bearings were mint and so was the motor. still went between oil changes with no loss of oil. great stuff....

Now theres a testament,300ZX Turbos can really pour out some heat when your gettin on it. Those turbo bearings can get ruined just from shutting the engine off when its hot and letting cheap oil sit there can coak while it cools down,let alone when your running them hard. Good stuff is right.

whoops, i forgot to mention that i was running 15lbs of boost. stock is 6.7 lbs.

I rigged an intercooler on that beast from a mitsubishi starion. The cooler air allowed me to raise the boost without kicking in the knock sensor.....

car was a beast.......... only wish i had a power commander in those days.......

Its hard to convince people of trying something new when they have had good success with something else. Problem is I know it is so much better of a product that I end up spending hours and hours trying to convince people to try it. I love seeing the faces of those that try a good 100% synthetic for the first time. When I do it seems worth all the effort. And they NEVER use anything else again.

Thanx guys... I bought my MX4T from Rex for the best price I heard. It was delivered in good order in 3 days.

OEM filters from To-Quick... Jim at Sunrise.
If you buy a couple of them or include them in a larger order the $7.00 shipping (10 lbs) doesn't add too much to the cost.

Well warbird, I guess you and I are the only ones who think syn is the best from the start. Oh well---I guess is is good to be different. As I posted on an earlier post, I have 2000 miles on the 00 now and 208 lbs of compression on EVERY cylinder. I guess the syn did not hurt ring seal huh? On temp---about a quarter of an inch below middle and the fan rarely comes on except for a lot of traffic idling.

Boy,thats great cylinder pressure Earl. With the good coolant mix and the synthetics I know your bikes lovin ya for it! How bout you Bimmerbusa, change your oil yet? Try the coolant mix like Earl does it. Cooler temps and better shifting. How to make a great bike even greater!

Back