Misconceptions you had...

I feel so violated now......
sad.gif

DD

(VaBusa @ Sep. 12 2007,12:53)
(Devil Dog @ Sep. 12 2007,15:51) I feel so violated now......
sad.gif

DD
Awwww...sorry...

*mumbles...I thought Marines were much tougher than this*

jump9.gif
we could start another thread about that......

I just had a guy the other day literally crying to his mom on the cell phone that everyone including me, was picking on him.

I don't know where he got that from.
biggrin.gif

DD

(Devil Dog @ Sep. 12 2007,15:58)
sad.gif

DD
Awwww...sorry...

jump9.gif

I just had a guy the other day literally crying to his mom on the cell phone that everyone including me, was picking on him.

biggrin.gif

DD
Wanna send him a pink shirt?
laugh.gif

cool.gif

(VaBusa @ Sep. 12 2007,13:00)
(Devil Dog @ Sep. 12 2007,15:58)
sad.gif

DD
Awwww...sorry...

jump9.gif

biggrin.gif

DD
Wanna send him a pink shirt?  
laugh.gif

cool.gif
You're on fire today.....that's some funny stuff right there.
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Okay, BACK ON THREAD TRACK!
biggrin.gif

I used to think, when I was riding the Harley, that sport bikers were reckless and rude...

So, stereotypes abound when you're just starting, based on the ride you choose...

(Rayabusa0818 @ Sep. 12 2007,15:10) I think Harley Riders are rude...the putter along at 10 or more MPH below the speed limit causing traffic jams
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif
Don't be so hard on them, they're giving it all they got
laugh.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Sep. 12 2007,13:10) I think Harley Riders are rude...the putter along at 10 or more MPH below the speed limit causing traffic jams
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif
rock.gif
pissed.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Can't think of anything. From the first time I rode a motorized scooter, I was bitten by the bug. Love speed and the sensation of speed on 2 wheels. All I know is I will ALWAYS have a bike or three or more till the day I can't ride anymore.
beerchug.gif

The one thing I realized is I cannot satisfy my need for speed on the streets and stay out of jail. So I learned the value of track days.

Well I have only had my busa for 2 1/2 months and I guess I still have what I hope is a misconception that if I roll off the line in first and crack it wide open it will loop over on me or at least bounce up too fast for me to react. Never had a bike this powerful and only been riding a year so I haven't gotten ballsy enough to just say f*ckit and "Just do it". But it won't be long before I give it a whirl as from what I hear it shouldn't do that especially since it's lowered and i'm 300lbs.
wink.gif

I have had my Busa for 5 years plus---------- a record for me--and no thought of parting with it.
Intimidating at first to say the least.....even after 100,000 miles or so since 1966 starting with a Suzuki 90 step thru that i borrowed.....no helmet- t-shirt- tennis shoes.. was lucky i guess....wow 45 mph and screaming down the road ..it felt.
Nowday's at 56 years old --We had a killer ride yesterday [260 miles] ......As long as you assume
you are invisable----and know how fast you can take a turn-- [get braking done] be super smooth all the time...it's still a big risk to ride on the street...... oil -animals-as in cows yesterday.........
a brain fart and you could die....... just got to have yer wit's about you and luck or divine intervention.....I must have a guardianangel.......and so thankful to still ride a BUS near it's limit often............Never get cocky--showing off usually gets ya..... PaceM........ Pic from Fiddletown CA.

Sept_12th_07_023.jpg

Maybe my responce was off topic dunno-------
rock.gif

I remember as a kid asking a old guy about street bikes--- yep even a manhole cover could make you have a wreck... i am like really?
rock.gif
??? Now i know what he was talking about.........no i did not crash on one..........
all_coholic.gif

rock.gif

That my Cushman Eagle would be comfortable on a really long ride  
sad.gif
 WRONG !!!! That's why I can't understand anyone wanting to ride, much less buy, a Harley Hard Tail  
SHOCKED.gif

Back