Mis-shifting

my 07 once in awhile I do ride alot I have 9500 on it and I bought it july 11 2007 brand new 2 miles on her.

Shift it like you mean it.. you gotta really kick it into 6th.  
cool.gif
Sage advice
thumb_up.gif

Mine does it from time to time but I have about 1200 miles on her now. Havent reall had the problem in a bit. But like they said make sure you shift like you mean it.
lol1.gif

I've hit a false neutral between 5th and 6th on every bike I've ever owned.

Just a matter of kickin' it in there while you have the clutch in all the way.

--Wag--

So, will shifing without the clutch (upshift or downshift) cause any problems? I have heard of the 2nd gear on these bikes going out. Just wondering if the lack of using a clutch will cause any harsh premature wear.

Back in the day I had an 86 GSXR-750 with a major Yoshi overhaul(ported head, 2mm over pistons, Mikuni flatslides)and stock or modified it would hang a neutral light between 5-6 if i shifted lazy....my friends 87 did the same thing.....seems like a Suzuki thing as once in a great while my K4 Busa will do the same thing...BUT NOT UNDER POWER!!!!!...just seems that Im lazy sometimes!!!
fart.gif

kick it like it owes you money and it will be fine and for Gods Sakes stop using the freakin clutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn how to shift without the clutch and you will have no problems at all.
These transmissions are designed to be used that way just like my buddies Sand Car transaxle is, constant mesh.
He runs a 800HP big block and I never use the clutch while driving that sand car, you just barely let off the throttle and shift it into the next gear and then back on the gas.

Back