GOT AIRSHIFTER ON AND WONT SHIFT OUT OF 1ST...

redrednose

Registered
GOES IN NEUTRAL
rock.gif
?

MADE 2 PASSES AND BOTH WERE NO GOOD DUE TO AIRSHIFTER !!! MADE PASSES the week BEFORE FOOTSHIFTING AND ALL IS WELL ...BUT WENT OUT THIS TIME WITH AIRSHIFTER AND IT WOULD NOT SHIFT TO SECOND clutch was checked before we went out. it kept going to neutral when shifting i made some test passes to make sure i wasnt messing up and the same thing again . the guy who helped with the airshifter the night before kept shifting it with the bike off checking it and i was told that killed the forks and that was why the airshifter was not working properly.

I am not sure what it is. Maybe not enough air pressure or a leak in the line somewhere? If you can shift fine with your feet, I doubt the forks are bent. Is there a way to adjust how far the shifter pushes the bike into gear? Probably not much help on this subject, but it is a free
bump.gif

the guy who helped with the airshifter the night before kept shifting it with the bike off checking it and i was told that killed the forks and that was why the airshifter was not working properly.
Firing the air shifter when the bike isn't moving will definitely bend the shift forks. If you can still shift the bike into second by foot then that's likely not the problem though.

Back