might sound stupid to some...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Mc Mustang is one of the coolest, most upstanding men I have ever known.
He has sent me all kinds of surprise packages over the last couple years. Gunny and mrninja9 have also sent me military gear (big thanks again boyz).
The gift in question here is a golf shirt with the Marine Corps logo and Semper Fi stiched on the left chest.

The question: Should a non-Marine,civilian bastid like me,be wearing this shirt. I have tremendous respect for all military men/women and am wondering if it shows a lack of respect for me to walk around displaying a Marine Corps symbol when in fact I have never served.

Sounds stupid I know,but a man without honour is nothing if you ask me.

Should a non-Marine be wearing clothing emblazed with such a time honoured emblem?

Your thoughts? thanks,Rubb.

go for it Andy, it is not dis-respectful to show support for your favorite team
beerchug.gif

+1 civilian here too, and if it was a gift from someone who earned it then its disrepectful not to wear it.

If you bought it at the flee market from some a$$ hat it doesnt carry the same honor.

Wear with pride and head held high.

I agree with u. I wouldnt buy one and wear it. But if someone who is in the military gave me one, I would gladly be honored to wear it... with respect. In other words, I wouldnt wear it and work underneath the car. Maybe Im over reacting but thats just me.

(KROOZER @ Nov. 17 2006,09:04) I agree with u. I wouldnt buy one and wear it. But if someone who is in the military gave me one, I would gladly be honored to wear it... with respect. In other words, I wouldnt wear it and work underneath the car. Maybe Im over reacting but thats just me.
+1

Supporting any Military Branch or Service with RESPECT is NEVER Wrong  
super.gif

I have a lot of friends who ask me and ware my Special Forces Reunion and Group Shirts I pick up when I'am at Ft Bragg. Nothing wrong with that.  Infact I'am big supporter of the National Marine Museum and get Marine Catalogs and stuff all the time  
beerchug.gif

i don't see anything wrong with you wearing a gift like that from a friend...now if it was a complete uniform or something, that might be a different issue...besides, from what i've seen, you live by a personal code that will do the shirt and logo right...i don't think MC would send anything to someone that he didn't think deserved it or would respect it...so wear it with pride
beerchug.gif

Considering who gave it to you and why I'd wear it proud. If asked then you would have the oppertunity to share the story of your good friend.
beerchug.gif

Nothing wrong with wearing the shirt,theres no name or rank on it,wear it with pride knowing youre supporting the finest fighting machine in the world!
beerchug.gif

See? Let me put it to you like this Andy....
I have an older brother- he's family! I have never given him anything with a Marine Corps emblem on it... couldn't really explain why... he has asked me several times - but I have always avoided it.

I wouldn't have sent it if I thought it was something that would go unappreciated - if anyone ever stops you and asks about the shirt, just tell them about all of the great Marine friends that have here and all the Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen as well.

Yer a good egg Andy--- just a little cracked, that's all.

Semper Fidelis,
Shawn

well i wouldnt have sent you anything if i didnt think you would respect it. my aunt wears my air force hoodie to work all the time her boss said that she cant aand she said my nephew fought for my freedom and i will wear it.

so with that wear it proud and remember you support us

You were given that shirt by a friend who has already "paid the price" of the shirt for you. Not wearing it would be an insult to MC and to the Marine Corp. Wear it with pride!!!

Back