Michelin power one replacement

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
Anyone with experience on suggested top 3 replacement tires for the power one

Ive heard the shinko hookup is a good cheap replacement with additional wearing, not sure if I wanna go that route

Are there any comparable tires to the power one
Thanks for any and all help

If the plan is to run it on the track bang for the buck is run the shinko.

The prices guys are selling 5 year old used power 1’s are outrageous...... So just use and abuse the shinkos and toss em. You save $$$ in the long run

Michelin Power Supersport Evo, also discontinued. POWERHOUSE has them, rears only. As good as a Power One, way better than a Stinko. I have one on my street turbo. . . In a few weeks, Rocketman can give you guys some feedback. . .

Forgive the neophyte question here. But what is it about these specifc tires that endears them to the street racers so much? All manufacturers make super sticky dot roadracing type tires, but was just curious why these exact tires are so popular?

If the plan is
to run it on
the track
bang for the buck

is run the shinko .

The prices guys are selling
5 year old used power 1’s
are OUTRAGEOUS . . .

So just use and abuse
the shinkos and toss em .

You save $$$
in the long run .

:banana:

teaserbox_897967697.jpg

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I wouldn't ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The " ADVANCE " 005 would be my choice for curving roads .

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I'm OK~ with a cheapo Shinko.

Just my two cents here.

Red, *<(;{)-

:devil:

The OP asked about a replacement for the Michelin Power One, a great handling and a sticky tire, good for drag racing and for turbo bikes making big hp. Michelin’s replacement was the Power Supersport Evo, another tire recently discontinued. A spinning tire cost me a tranny a few years back. Extreme hp bikes are a good platform for finding out what sticks and what doesn’t. A Shinko Hookup tire sticks but handles like crap, going around corners is important to me. And I don’t think I would look forward to going over 150 mph on one, IMHO. There are much better choices out there.

So from all the great replies and info gathered here
My Conclusion...

If u wanna go cheap and sticky ( shinko hookup)

If money isn't an issue, sticky and stable
(Pick from Michelin brand tires)

Anyone else wanna add more clarity
Need to pull the trigger on some tires asap
Thank you everyone

Forgive the neophyte question here. But what is it about these specifc tires that endears them to the street racers so much? All manufacturers make super sticky dot roadracing type tires, but was just curious why these exact tires are so popular?

My guess and experience would be that if it works for the track, should work great for the street, depending on what your lookin to do and get from the tire...I'm far from any expert tho!!!!

So from all the great replies and info gathered here
My Conclusion...

If u wanna go cheap and sticky ( shinko hookup)

If money isn't an issue, sticky and stable
(Pick from Michelin brand tires)

Anyone else wanna add more clarity
Need to pull the trigger on some tires asap
Thank you everyone
HI Frank at Powerhouse has just what you need in stock. Call him at 631-491-6767.

Anyone with experience on suggested top 3 replacement tires for the power one

Ive heard the shinko hookup is a good cheap replacement with additional wearing, not sure if I wanna go that route

Are there any comparable tires to the power one
Thanks for any and all help
shinko is a personal sponsor of mine I drag race. They give me a red blue purple a shinko drag slick, and a single hook up. The color tires are a lot of fun for exhibitions but the hookup is it great tire for drag racing. 9 PSI and you're good to go. I've never spun or lost my tires after doing a proper burnout it'll never disappoint you the entire season I can swear to that

shinko is a personal sponsor of mine I drag race. They give me a red blue purple a shinko drag slick, and a single hook up. The color tires are a lot of fun for exhibitions but the hookup is it great tire for drag racing. 9 PSI and you're good to go. I've never spun or lost my tires after doing a proper burnout it'll never disappoint you the entire season I can swear to that
Hi. Shinko s are OK, but the 1st pass is spin or hook who knows. Than they are done by the 5th pass. Would you want to take the chance on a race?

To be quite honest it's like anything else that's comparable in sport. Few years ago all the MX bikes were so close the only way you could choose a bike is by what colour you like. So the tires are now what you think has the best reputation and personal preference. I've been using shinko 10 years and I haven't spun off the tree in just as long dot-dot-dot

To be quite honest it's like anything else that's comparable in sport. Few years ago all the MX bikes were so close the only way you could choose a bike is by what colour you like. So the tires are now what you think has the best reputation and personal preference. I've been using shinko 10 years and I haven't spun off the tree in just as long dot-dot-dot

Push more power at the line...she'll spin at the tree.

Back