Michelin Pilot Powers

Just bought a pair for the '03 last week. As soon as I've burned the last of the rubber offa this tire, I'll be putting those on 'er.

I can hardly wait!

--Wag--

Just finished burning up my first set of Powers.
Switched from running the Pilot HPX's.
Incredible tire in my opinion.
I knew they were great tires, but what sent me over the top, was after a ride last week with a bunch of Ninja's. The comments from the boys behind me where, how do you leave all those little dark marks leaving the corners.

HEHE,

Another satisfied customer.
Michelin got it right this time, thats for sure. I still can't beleive the naysayers out there though, that say the power is crap. They must be on crack.
laugh.gif

Just finished burning up my first set of Powers.
Would like to know what kinda milage you got of 'em.... and if it was under 'hard' riding or just 'casual' riding with occasional hard riding?
I'm debating on switching from my Diablo's with my next set~ Well, the rear anyhow.. I've still got plenty left up front~  
wink.gif

Dam another happy pilot power rider. I need to get me a set and enjoy such bliss. Let us know if that pesky it has horriable center tred wear. I heard a few things on them but looking good to have .

Glad you are liking them Bill. I have put about 2500 miles on mine and the are wearing great. The center of the rear is a little flat but there aren't many twisties out in my part of the country. The fact that I'm always on the gas and bringing the front of the ground now and then doesn't help either.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|bigjohn141
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119384139 -->

I have only around 700 miles on these so far but they feel great!

I put a set on and noticed the tires seem to have softened the ride quite a bit. Especially the front, it seems the sidewall is not as stiff as the BT56. Anyone else notice this? THe front also seems to squirm a bit at very low speeds like when coming to a stop. Above 10mph I don't notice it but below that I do. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or did I maybe get a bad tire.

I put a set on and noticed the tires seem to have softened the ride quite a bit. Especially the front, it seems the sidewall is not as stiff as the BT56. Anyone else notice this? THe front also seems to squirm a bit at very low speeds like when coming to a stop. Above 10mph I don't notice it but below that I do. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or did I maybe get a bad tire.
I haven't had any such problem. The thing I seemed to notice was that when leaning, it went down then back up so smoothly. It was an odd feeling at first but I totally love it now.

Kev

I'm not dogging the Pilot Powers but just remember the reason they feel night and day compaired to your last tires is because more than likely there was a reason you are replacing them(worn out). I'll more than likely get a set on my next change though.

I'm not dogging the Pilot Powers but just remember the reason they feel night and day compaired to your last tires is because more than likely there was a reason you are replacing them(worn out).  I'll more than likely get a set on my next change though.
I went to them after a nail in my tire, twice. The first tire had only 1000 miles on it.

without starting a debate... what size rear tire r u guys getting? im almost ready 2 get 1.. just dont know id i want 190 or 180...

Finally got the Pilot Powers on the rear but still running a Metzler Sportec M1 on the front. Have only put on about 200 miles on it. Of the three rear tires (Stock 056, Metzler Sportec M1 (not the P model) 200, and the Pilot Powers 190), the Powers is a real step up. It is so much better turning and braking. Seems very stable even when cold.

The M1 front and the Powers rear works much better for me than M1 matching set. Yeah, Yeah, I know some people think it is bad to mix brands and models of tires but I have done it with all my bikes. I test the limits of the combination slowly until I know the handling characteristics and ride within their limits.

Will order a matching front since Road Racing World said the front was the better tire of the set. Can't wait to try.

<!--EDIT|eclectic1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120206536 -->

Finally got the Pilot Powers on the rear but still running a Metzler Sportec M1 on the front. Have only put on about 200 miles on it. Of the three rear tires (Stock 056, Metzler Sportec M1 (not the P model) 200, and the Pilot Powers 190), the Powers is a real step up. It is so much better turning and braking. Seems very stable even when cold.

The M1 front and the Powers rear works much better for me than M1 matching set. Yeah, Yeah, I know some people think it is bad to mix brands and models of tires but I have done it with all my bikes. I test the limits of the combination slowly until I know the handling characteristics and ride within their limits.

Will order a matching front since Road Racing World said the front was the better tire of the set. Can't wait to try.
I think you feel a better difference moreso because of the 200 to 190 has alot to do with it.... guessing.

JD

HAS ANYONE GONE FROM An Sportec M1P to a Pilot powers that has any feedback?

JD

I too like the tire, just took the trip to Laguna on them, only thing is I have about 3,500 miles on them now and there almost done. The only draw back.

I just got my Pilot Powera mounted today.  Came home from work and threw the wheels back on.  I didn't put many miles on other then in town and about 5 hwy miles but damn, it almost seems like it wants to steer herself now.  I can't believe the noticable differenc even at low speed.  Here's the good part.  I bought the tires from bigjohn here on the board for $200.  I took the wheels off myself and dropped them at the dealer to get tires mounted and balanced.  The price.....$36.81 for both front and rear mounted and balances.  Grand total of 236.81 for a great set of tires on the Busa.  Last year, I had just a rear replaced, mounted and everything at the stealer for $240.  What a difference!  Thank god for the best Busa board on the net!  WOOHOO!!!
Are these Pilot Sports stock size and how do I get to buy from Big John.

All the possitive comments and the fact I got them from the raffle... awesome, cannot wait till the bridgestones wear out (might happen sooner now)
tounge.gif

Back