Michelin Pilot Power

BusaReds

Registered
Hey guys......the Michelin Power tire you all are speaking on.....Is this the one I have been trying to get feedback on?
I posted sumthin about it on the Twisties forum.....
"Michelin Pilot Power Ultra High Performance Street Tire"
Trying to get a good drag/street tire rather than the Shinko....

And what's this "profile" talk in ref to this tire?
It's not good for wheeling??? The tire resists wheeling because of the profile?? Explain this....This sounds like a sweet tire for Drag Racing then......
Is it wider, or taller, and does it lay down a bigger contact area??

Holla at me......

Are you looking for a bigger contact area
rock.gif

I heard that there is a tryre company called Maxis or something like that... mich makes 205 rear for the hayabusa! Dont know much about it though
blush.gif

naw wider the tire more rotational weight stayin with 190
but just wanna know what's the deal with the Michelin and its profile.........

Power has a sharp profile more suited to circuit track than straight line. Upright contact patch is not all that big, makes up for in when leaned over.

EEwwwwww...
Not good for what I want then....good street/drag tire
sticky, but no contact area for the straight launches

Race profile tires has more contact patch when leaned over and less contact when upright. IMO they make great race tires for the track but make poor street tires. However, for the average rider, it makes little difference. The more pointed center makes it very poor for wheelies as well as poor traction for hard launches. With all the wonderful technology available these days I wouldn't buy any street tire that wasn't dual compound.

My personal favorite is the BT014. I'm on my fourth set and love them. Nice round profile for good all around traction and gives a great platform for wheelies and stoppies, warms up quickly and best of all, they are very reasonably priced. I have chewed those puppies up out to the bitter edge and never had one slip.

Michelin is based in France. I'm a loyal american and don't buy anything the French are involved in!

Unfortunately you would be suprised at all of the imports that france brings over here. However, the tires are made here by Americans. So in the long run I am giving some money to the frogs, I am also paying some Americans wages.

You could always run lower pressure for you launches, it increases your contact patch on the road.

I guess I don't understand this wheelie talk. My busa wheelies no different with pilot powers, pilot races, d208 zrs, sportech M1s. I got the powers now, I wheelied it just fine last week. Plan on doing it again today!

<!--EDIT|BusaFever
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108762110 -->

Unfortunately you would be suprised at all of the imports that france brings over here. However, the tires are made here by Americans. So in the long run I am giving some money to the frogs, I am also paying some Americans wages.
Michelin has plants on most every continent on earth but they are still owned by the French!

So is Motel 6 if you are interested? I don't patronize them either.

Avoid French wine like the plague!

But that's just me! I'm a loyal american!

You could always run lower pressure for you launches, it increases your contact patch on the road.

I guess I don't understand this wheelie talk. My busa wheelies no different with pilot powers, pilot races, d208 zrs, sportech M1s. I got the powers now, I wheelied it just fine last week. Plan on doing it again today!
When you learn to wheelie that beast for more than a hundred feet, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Get that puppy up so high you have to look around the tank to see where you are going and keep it there for a mile. At that point you will get a full understanding about tire profile and wheelies. And,,,,,,, if you want to do it again, you'll be hunting yourself up a nice round profile tire. Riding your scooter up in a long wheelie on that race profile tire is like trying to balance it on a knife blade! I'm not saying it can't be done but if you can do it, you belong in the stunt competitions! Even if you are a professional and you are one of the few, it's still much easier on a round profile tire.

If you lower your tire pressure down to the same in both tires, you still won't get as much contact patch on a race profile tire as with a round profile.

Back