Michelin Pilot Powers

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I just got my Pilot Powera mounted today. Came home from work and threw the wheels back on. I didn't put many miles on other then in town and about 5 hwy miles but damn, it almost seems like it wants to steer herself now. I can't believe the noticable differenc even at low speed. Here's the good part. I bought the tires from bigjohn here on the board for $200. I took the wheels off myself and dropped them at the dealer to get tires mounted and balanced. The price.....$36.81 for both front and rear mounted and balances. Grand total of 236.81 for a great set of tires on the Busa. Last year, I had just a rear replaced, mounted and everything at the stealer for $240. What a difference! Thank god for the best Busa board on the net! WOOHOO!!!

I know what you mean, I just put a new set on mine last week and was smiling ear to ear. I found that while riding two up it's even more important that the rider doesn't wiggle around, the slightest weight shift and the bike turns. It's great.

kev

Good to hear, I'm getting my pilot powers this weekend!

Great price too! Congrats!

Congrats, I just got mine on last week, I didn't get the deal you did, but, it wasn't to bad. I agree about the tires and how easy they turn in. They are also alot stickier than the Avons I had on. I am curious to see what kind og mileage I get.

Definitely seems to be one of the most popular tires on the board. I now can see why
tounge.gif

Bought a new Triumph Speed Triple about a month ago.
It had Michelin Pilot Powers on from the factory. I certainly did appreciate that.
Mad`

I just put some Powers on mine as well. First ride, took it real easy, but my impression so far agrees with everyone else here. Great tires! I can't wait to get these things scrubbed in
smile.gif

Have some sitting at home waiting for their turn! Can't wait.

I will try a set soon, I have a spare set of wheels I'll have them mounted on and give them a try.:)

I had them installed 2 weeks ago and I hit the twisties last Sunday......Those tires stick like glue on turns and will not break.....Glad I chose those tires

Dayum, if you guys don't quit it with the accolades, I'm gonna be forced to take the B56 and smoke it into oblivion!

I've only got 1700 or so miles so far....got a little ways to go.:p

Wow! I got mine put on today.. what a difference! Now I do "only" have a Katana.. but I can tell these are gonna be smooth around those corners. I had on Dunlops before.. and they were getting "Florida Flat".. so it took some Umph to get that bike to lean over. Just on the ride home, I'd lean just a bit and the bike would flop right over.

Twisties here I come!!
cool.gif

wow .. I didn't get any this week ..but i got a deal on some 020's ..so I shall refrain from commenting on the pilotpower " x-periance " but, I would like to " hear" a mileage(distance) quote .. when its appropiate . ty !
wink.gif

Back