Metzler M-3's who's got'em ????......

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
Okay gang holla' up out there.....

Had the Bridgestones since the baby was new.  Now cresting 13,000, and after one rear replacement due to a nail about a year ago, the tires are near toast.  Chasing the ORG last weekend finished them off in style, most of my side tread is down too !!!!
wink.gif

So, after talking to a Suzuki tech the other night at Walmart, I'm being advised that the Metzler's are the hot ticket.  I haven't seen, or read enough in respect to weight of moto issues in most of the tire selection posts so I'm relying on the fact that it's negligeable in regard to most tires everyone around here are running.  

Don't need a v-shape, more a u as I'm a push it on the weekend, and commute "daily" kind of guy.  Need something that'll cross-train nicely..........

Suggestions
rock.gif
.....comments on the Metzler's
rock.gif
, please, let's have'em.......

By the way, This board Rocks !!!!
super.gif

rock.gif

Just checked ebay.Go under 2 differant spellings 1 Metzler 2 Metzeler in search. looks like about $260 shipped front & rear.

Better yet,did you check with sight sponsers?

I had a M1, shinko and OEM and now I'm gettin these on Monday which is tomorrow...
With M1 I did about 5k and happy about those miles but, it was kinda short life...I'm really good and last long in tires...anyway, BT-021 is the new model for this year, and first dual comp on rear tires for sport touring, so I'm expecting some miles on this...
wink.gif

bridgestone_bt_021.jpg

I bought the M3s for a track day, and used them for commuting and the weekend thrashing.

Definitely a nice tire. On the track, it was very predictable, no problems whatsoever. On the street, I got decent mileage out of them.

Two thumbs up from me!

I'm on my 3rd set of M3s. I love them!!! I've gotten 7K + miles out of each set and they are AWESOME in the rain!

Cannot complain at all...

Buy the 180/55 and you will definitely love this tire!

I loved the M3's. I still run the M3 on front but I do a lot of rides to Canada, 200 mi. one way. It has some nice sweepers but is mostly like a curvy interstate. The back M3 seemed to wear really quick. So I've gone back to the M1+p on the rear, M3 fr. May be trying the Dunlop Qualfers next. The BT-021 look inviting but I'm not a Brigestone fan, liked the 010's ok but none of the others I've tried.

I have heard nothing but good things about the M3's in fact that is going to be my next set of tires I put on my ride. I just put another set of Pilot Power's on her last weekend and I am really unhappy right now it took almost 2 oz's of weight to balance the darn thing out on the rear and all the M3's that I have seen come of the balancer have not even need that much weight to balance them out or not needed any at all. Also every one that I talk with at the shop says they are very sticky when they heat up.

05_busa_2.jpg

I might have to try an M3 rear when the PP 2CT is gone. I'm only getting 3500 to 4K on rear

I have M3's. they seem generically fine. Don't wear fast enough. Going back to Diablo ASAP

(rubber2burn @ Apr. 23 2007,10:06) I have heard nothing but good things about the M3's in fact that is going to be my next set of tires I put on my ride. I just put another set of Pilot Power's on her last weekend and I am really unhappy right now it took almost 2 oz's of weight to balance the darn thing out on the rear and all the M3's that I have seen come of the balancer have not even need that much weight to balance them out or not needed any at all. Also every one that I talk with at the shop says they are very sticky when they heat up.
That's an interesting fact.... My last set took no weight to balance. The guy at Cycle Gear just clocked the ink mark to the valve stem and it was 0/0 for weight.

After having the wheels chromed they now take a .25oz weight up front and .50oz weight in back.

i have the m1's and love them. they have been through 2 trackdays and are still holding up well. they have about 3k on them and i have worn the sides more then the center.

Just started using M3's (200km) and gotta say that I like them alot. I only have the OEM's to compare to, but these M3's seem stickier and more confidence inspiring.

M3's are damn good set of tires if you ask me. I tore up my stock BT56 in 2900 miles and switched to a full set of M3's at that point. Got a little over 4100 miles out of the rear M3 and am still on the front with better than 6000 miles on it now. These things do nothing wrong and if you consider 25% better mileage a plus(i do!) they are everything they say they are. I am actually running a Z6 rear right now with the M3 front and am actually pretty happy with it. The front is getting a little thin now so I am shopping for a new M3 for the front.

I have them on my bike, they are super sticky but if its milage you are look for look elsewhere. only had mine on for about a month and already starting to go flat in the middle. you guys up in the mountains might have a need for them but here in miami there arnt too many twisties to put them to full use. i got mine for $260 through a shop in town.
beerchug.gif

Well that's interesting....some yeas, some nays, but overall ANYTHING'S gotta be better than an "056".........I was talking to FastCurry tonight and looking over his PP's, not a bad looking tire.....he's running the stock numbers...no frills....no complaints either.....
super.gif

I'm just really ready for something stickier and Metzler's look like the ones......although I do have some miles left on the front, that rear's gotta go.....

I'm here in Germany and I'm running M1's they are great tires and they keep you on the ground. only one thing I eat them up in two months do anyone knows any other tires that are sticky and last long.

Back