Metzeler M1 or Michelin Pilot power

_ZeF

Donating Member
Registered
I am about to replace my OEM Bridgestones and i am hesitating between Metzeler M1 and Pilot power...

The M1 are a bit cheaper at purchase, but milleage wise and gripwise i'd appreciate some opinions from people who have tried both.

race.gif

<!--EDIT|_ZeF
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121305391 -->

I ran the Metzler M1s and now have the Michelin Pilot Powers on the bike for about two weeks with over a 1,000 miles on them (Rode to MotoGP). the Michelin Pilot Powers are soo much better the the Metzlers even when cold.

Also, See Roadracing Wold's recent review of both Street and Racing tires.

I'm still particular to the Metzelers. I've been having a set for over a year now and they are great. I'm considering giving Michelin the nod on the next set of tires. I'm a little anal, so when I buy tires, I always by the matching set regardless of front tire wear.

M1s were great but if I had to pick one over the other I'd say the pilot powers are better, their warmup(or lack of) is awesome.

How 'bout for mostly street (read: straight) riding? Not many twisties in KS
wink.gif

Which ones hold up better in the middle? I put 8000 mi on the stock BT56...I'm lookin' for something that wears well in the middle.

The little ducati I had came with Metzelers M1's.. I wasn't impressed at all. I couldnt' wait to wear them out and replace them..

slide the front several times and the rear a time or two when I really didn't think I was pushing it that hard.. well.. I was pushing it.. but not THAT hard.. tires were NOT cold either... this was after 30-40 minutes of riding normally.. course that being said.. I did drag the exhaust canister of the monster and the tires did their thing.. so who knows..
rock.gif

Check out the pirelli diablos too.. bout the same money as the mezeler. I'm pretty happy with those at the moment.. although I haven't tired the michelins yet.. maybe next go round if the extra scratch is laying around.

as a disclaimer.. somebody said the metzeler, and pirelli were the same tire with a different pattern.. if thats true.. I still stand by the pirelli being a better tire.. haha must be the tread pattern.

the pic.. just cuz I gotta show ya.. haha I was like... *really deep scratching noise* ... "Holy crap what was that?"

now we all know the rest of the story

Ducati_Detail_IM005127.jpg

Back