Metzeler Roadtec 01

Souljacker

Registered
Just got a set of Metzeler Roadtec 01s. Have not yet mounted them. Wondering if anyone else has tried these yet on their Busa. Replacing PP3s. Revzilla price matched the set $339 for OEM sizes front and back. They make a heavyweight (HWM) in the 120/70/17 size but not in the 190/50/17s so I got the standard edition, not the HWM tires. What sold me most was this video from MCN
. These Metzelers came out top rated....granted the tire testing was sponsored by Metzeler.

Michelin has discontinued production of the PP3s, replaced by the Power RS which does look like a great tire but longevity is questionable. Also considered the PR5s however Michelin recommends the GT version on their website for the Busa which won't be available until 2019. Instead they recommend the PR4s in the meantime. I have a set of PR4s on my ST1300 which is more touring than sport and do like them a lot but wanted tires that are more sport than touring for the Busa, plus I got a much better deal on the Metzelers. Anybody with experience with the Metzeler Roadtec 01s on their Busa or even the Metzeler Sportec M7s which is the predecessor?

Maybe not but I like this guy Michael Neeves with MCN. He seems to be a pretty straight shooter and unlikely he would risk his reputation to make a buck.

Just got a set of Metzeler Roadtec 01s. Have not yet mounted them. Wondering if anyone else has tried these yet on their Busa. Replacing PP3s. Revzilla price matched the set $339 for OEM sizes front and back. They make a heavyweight (HWM) in the 120/70/17 size but not in the 190/50/17s so I got the standard edition, not the HWM tires. What sold me most was this video from MCN
. These Metzelers came out top rated....granted the tire testing was sponsored by Metzeler.

Michelin has discontinued production of the PP3s, replaced by the Power RS which does look like a great tire but longevity is questionable. Also considered the PR5s however Michelin recommends the GT version on their website for the Busa which won't be available until 2019. Instead they recommend the PR4s in the meantime. I have a set of PR4s on my ST1300 which is more touring than sport and do like them a lot but wanted tires that are more sport than touring for the Busa, plus I got a much better deal on the Metzelers. Anybody with experience with the Metzeler Roadtec 01s on their Busa or even the Metzeler Sportec M7s which is the predecessor?
I'm running the PR5's now and they're very good

I'm running the PR5's now and they're very good

20180120_105606.jpg

20180120_110512.jpg

I am running the Metzelers and like them alot. Just havent been riding much lately. 5 inches of snow yesterday!

The PR5s look good. Busa's not too heavy for the non GT version?

Which metzelers are you running? The sportec m7s or the roadtec 01s? HCM version?

Back