Methods for controlling bottle pressure???

Thats crazy how much pressure drops like that. I never showed that much drop on my data logger when I had the 130 shot on my bike. At the very most 100psi. I'm going to hook up a pressure sensor and log it through my SB6 and see if it shows the same drop. This is some good info Draco.:thumbsup:

To be fair this was on a cold fall day. Up here in NewEngland we get a lot of those. This is why I don't use 2# bottles anymore.

Hey Draco,
I saw you up at NED in Oct last year, I will be back this year and with N2O on my bike. In the graph that you provided do you have the data and if so what the weight change in the bottle was over that interval. I will tell you something that I have done in the past to cheat the system a little bit. I have overfilled my bottles ( I have a 79 camaro I run a 300hp shot in and other cars ). I run usually 10 lb bottles both in my car and at work (yes at work), including the weight of the bottle full is 24lbs, I have had them weight as much as 27 - 28 lbs to keep a more consistant pressure for a greater period by slowly increasing bottle temp over the period of use (we could discuss ways to do this on a bike if we wanted). If you are running a 2lb bottle and observing that pressure drop I would like to see the data if you squeeze 2.5 lbs into it and maintain the same pressure. Just some food for thought and to add to the conversation. Hopefully I'll see you up there soon,
"O"

Nitrous Pressure Vs. Bottle Temperature
Degrees
Fahrenheit
Bottle
Pressure (PSI)
-30 167
-20 203
-10 240
0 283
10 335
20 387
32 460
40 520
50 590
60 675
70 760
80 865
97 1070
109 1150
Source: Applied Racing Components

Cant you warm up the bottle to reach about 1100 psi and then use a regulator valve (like for oxigene on welding) and put on 950psi (i dont know wether this works on fluid Nos)

But pressure down seems easyer for me then up.(must be quick)

I think best would be a kind of "self adjusting" jet in dependency of pressure , to reach a constant flow (amount) of the fluid nos
means small outlet for high pressure , end when pressure goes down it would open more to reach a higher flow.

(excuse me if i use wrong terms, but hope you understand)

Last edited:
when I talked to Zex they told me you should never use more then 20% of your bottle volume during a run, to help prevent pressure drop

so when I did the calculation for my runs at maxton I needed about 15 pounds
I ended up using a 2 pounder and dealing with it going rich

Back