Pressure needed for refill ?

B-12

Registered
Hello from Germany
I could buy the stuff here in germany from NX or other dealers , but they take big money for it , so i m looking for better way.

Now.....
I need some technical information concerning bottlepresures.

Ive read about refilling small bottles by "freezing" method , and will try this.
I can by N2O as technical Gas in proved (200bar) bottles , also not cheap but cheaper.

Now my question:
These bottles are filled with a pressure of 50,6 bar wich is 736 psi.
Will this be enough ???
i know best pressure is about 900-1000 but can i ever reach this ?

What is the standart bottle pressure for your "big" bottles
(10 to 20 lbs) in US

here a link to what i can get (Steel bottle proved to 2900psi)
This one has 5lbs but there are also 10lbs and bigger.

LACHGASFLASCHE NOS NX N2O STIKOXYDULO LACHGAS LEER bei eBay.de: Chiptuning Motortuning (endet 02.04.09 20:18:30 MESZ)

but i will have only 736 psi with new refill

By the way, is anybody from Ramstein Airbase here among the
nitrous-guys ?

greets

Thanks guys
I found a good support here , beeing in "golden" hands :thumbsup:

Problem in shipping filled bottles is the german customs.(medical N2O is a drug) technical NOS has bad smelling components ,
but when they want to look whats inside my stuff goes ....pfffffffffffffffffffffff:fire:

I better like it :devil: :laugh:

What is the average pressure in your bottles ? Maybe the 50.8 bar (industrial standart) will not be enough.

Only for comparism: What is an average or normal price for a 5 lbs refill in US ?

I get the juce , but prefer ......burning:madfire::devil:....... my money in the engine :whistle:

In answer to your question, bottle pressure is not a function of the bottle or the size of the bottle. Bottle pressure is a function of its vapor pressure, and the natural gas law. Basicly Pressure is proportional to temperature. What many racers do is buy one large bottle (10 or 20 pounds) and place it in a pan of warm water bringing the pressure up to 1100 or 1200 psi. The smaller 2 pound bottles mounted on the bike goes in ice water for 10 minutes bringing the pressure down to 400 psi. You connect the two, and weigh the smaller bottle to make sure you have put the proper amount. Fairly simple. Good luck.

Thanks Draco
This way i want to do my refill (put the small bottle in freezer)
I know that size off bottle dosnt matter.
So i have to to put it in the sun , or use a tire-warmer with regulator . Dont have such a big pan.

At 20° equal 68F all over the world the bottles have about 740psi as the Nos is under these conditions in equilibrium between fluid an gas.

But i found the solution here. Pressure can only be regulatet by temperature of bottle.

So after this table , best conditions are on a sunny day with about 85F :whistle:
I will mount two brackets , on the right above my Akra for colder days , and on the left for sunny days.

Maybe usefull

Nitrous Pressure Vs. Bottle Temperature
Degrees
Fahrenheit
Bottle
Pressure (PSI)
-30 167
-20 203
-10 240
0 283
10 335
20 387