NOS and Pressure

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Ran the spray first time last week. Bottle pressure was 940 for the first run. Each run it got lower. By the end of the 3rd run power was dropping and pressure was about 650. Was the bottle (1lb) going empty or was low pressure causing reduced power? Bottle was cold!! Maybe need a ACR warmer?

Ran the spray first time last week.  Bottle pressure was 940 for the first run.  Each run it got lower.  By the end of the 3rd run power was dropping and pressure was about 650.  Was the bottle (1lb) going empty or was low pressure causing reduced power?  Bottle was cold!!  Maybe need a ACR warmer?
You need a bootle warmer, and you need to keep the pressure up!!!!!
beerchug.gif

it's empty,the one on the left,(10 lb) will last a long time,but can be hard to conceal,the one on the right (2 lb) won't last as long,but is a little easier to hide

all kidding aside,i use the big bottle to fill the little ones

IM000725.jpg

lower bottle pressure will decrease HP output. You prob need a 2# bottle and if you have an extended swingarm you can put it infront of the rear tire so it is easy to get to and is warmed by the heat from the engine. I have seen people using a handheld propane torch to warm the bottle between races but i don't reccomend it. Get a NOS bottle warmer, the PROMOD racers i know use a large tank of water with a warming element to keep the bottles warm until just before the race. I think they keep the water at a constant 100 degrees.

Back