Met a Harley

highestgrade

Donating Member
Registered
bed559eb-39b2-39a5.jpg

Took an early morning ride to the beach this morning...met up with 2 older guys with a Harley & "a blue bike".....these ppl weren't friendly but I still took a pic

Did you atleast smoke them?:laugh: Thats not a harley its a hardley yeah beat one of those on my sons gixxer 600r thats pretty bad.:laugh:

That cruiser is a Vrod and it's not even close to being a traditional Harley; Hell most Harley enthusiast don't even consider them as being a true Harley. I love mine, she'll smoke any other cruiser on the market.:laugh:

urban4.jpg

It's simply more power, better handling, better braking and lighter weight that makes most Harley owners angry with envy and jealousy I believe. The only response I get about owning a Harley or any cruiser in general is "It's comfortable!" well if thats most important in your life, then why buy a motorcycle at all?? Buy some comvertable car that has comfortable seats, air conditioner and heat. Not to mention the ability to stay dry when its raining by simply raising the top. Rant over....

The only response I get about owning a Harley or any cruiser in general is "It's comfortable!" well if thats most important in your life, then why buy a motorcycle at all?? Buy some comvertable car that has comfortable seats, air conditioner and heat. Not to mention the ability to stay dry when its raining by simply raising the top. Rant over....

Also not to mention that if they truly wanted comfort, they'd be riding a GoldWing.

I own both Harley and Busa best of both worlds trust me I will admit and this is something I would never say for most of my life there is nothing like riding a harley but to conflict there is absolutely nothing like driving a Busa.

Here we go again. Maybe the moderators could start a new forum just for people who like to jump on every single opportunity they can to rant about Harleys and their owners.

Wanna know which bike/owners they rag on endlessly on the Ducati forum I used to belong to? Yup. those overweight/overpowered Busas and their ageing/poser/tosser riders.

It's a big world people, and we all ride for different reasons. Harleys aren't my cup of tea for sure, never ridden one and probably never will, but if it's got two wheels, hey, it's all good!

Yeah, bashing any bike is just like slapping yourself in the face as you call yourself a 'biker'. When did personal preference become a deadly sin? IDC if some guy I pass on the road is riding a rust bucket that is fixin to fall apart at the seams and backfiring like a machine gun..Ill still throw the guy a wave.

The bashing that really gets me....are the DIY and MOD bashers. Its like if you don`t build your bike like THEY want you to...they`re pissed lol. Grow up.

EDIT: Got ahead of myself and forgot the OP lol. Props for being a ninja and getting the pic anyway. And I lol`d at 'a blue bike" lmao

One word for Ducatti. Overpriced. I simply mentioned the only reason the Harley riders and various other cruiser riders told me. I don't care what people think of me and/or my bike and I'm sure all the Harley riders feel the same. With that being said, if we all owned our motorcycles just for the spirit of having one, there would be one motorcycle forum. But all different kinds of bikes and cars have their own forums so people can share their love and personal opinions amongst each other. If what someone reads offends them, the only logical thing for them to do is stop reading it.

I don't care if I'm considered a "biker" or not. I didn't buy it to be considered anything for that matter. I liked it so I bought it. End of story. And if stating my opinion means I'm slapping myself in the face, well....needless to say I'm going to have a red face till I die.

One word for Ducatti. Overpriced.
Just the one word huh? Nothing about the simple elegance, the incredible handling, the exquisite beauty....just "overpriced"? I've owned Ducs for many years, have loved each one dearly, and never once thought they were priced too highly. My mistake. Sorry.

If what someone reads offends them, the only logical thing for them to do is stop reading it.
Agreed...that's precisely why I suggest a forum just for people like you. That way people like me can avoid it.

I can see we're going to be big mates!

That cruiser is a Vrod and it's not even close to being a traditional Harley; Hell most Harley enthusiast don't even consider them as being a true Harley. I love mine, she'll smoke any other cruiser on the market.:laugh:

urban4.jpg

Isn't that because the motor was designed by Porsche?

Actually considered a VROD muscle before I traded in my '03 for an '08 . Wanted WAY TOO MUCH . As far as hating a particular brand . IMHO that's just nuts . I don't consider myself a Suzuki person . I just like the Hayabusa . I don't care for most of HD's product line . However,if I could justify the price I'd get a Rocker C in a heartbeat . I don't care that it won't carve corners or be the fastest in a straight line . I like the overall package,the almost 20k price I think is a bit much .

So a ducatti is worth that much more than a gsxr1000, zx-10, r1, bmw s1000rr because.......??????? Basically, your saying for the extra money you spend on the ducatti, your getting twice the bike? Because a person would have to get that much more of a bike to justify spending that much more. I could respect an answer like, "I'm rich and I like ducatti's better than I bought it because its a ducatti and its got to be better because it costs more. Hell, a ZR1 vette will out perform a lamborghini lp640 and only costs one third of the price of lambo. I'm not saying a gsxr1000 or zx-10 will out perform a ducatti but I don't feel that you get that much more of a bike for all the money spent. It just MY opinion. Don't take it so personal.

Just the one word huh? Nothing about the simple elegance, the incredible handling, the exquisite beauty....just "overpriced"? I've owned Ducs for many years, have loved each one dearly, and never once thought they were priced too highly. My mistake. Sorry.

Agreed...that's precisely why I suggest a forum just for people like you. That way people like me can avoid it.

I can see we're going to be big mates!

I guess people can talk about whatever in a forum as long as its not opinionated?

I'm not saying a gsxr1000 or zx-10 will out perform a ducatti but I don't feel that you get that much more of a bike for all the money spent. It just MY opinion. Don't take it so personal.
Actually, BOTH will out perform a Ducati (one "t" by the way), but who cares? Bikes aren't about logic. If they were nobody in their right mind would have one. They're about feel. They're about pure, unadulterated passion. You can't put a price on that. Harley riders understand that. Ducati riders understand that.

I stopped riding Ducs because, once I bought the Busa, I found I was riding nothing else. It's a truly awesome machine. That doesn't mean Italian bikes aren't worth every penny, it just means that, now I am in my fifties, I can't ride them as they were made to be ridden. A Ducati would be wasted on me. But I can ride fast in a straight line...VERY fast actually! And when I do I want to know that I am on a bike that is designed to do that very thing.

I don't understand why Harley riders feel so passionately about the bikes they ride, but I know they do, and that's all that matters.

Everything else is dross!

Back