Messages to other riders.

MEBusa

Registered
I was on the interstate earlier, and I saw another biker in my mirror, coming up from behind. When the biker passed me, I could see them looking back in their mirror, as to see where I was. Then the biker extended their left leg out, as to tell me something. Have any of you ever seen this before, or know what that meant?
Posted via Mobile Device

in groups we use them instead of turn signals and a kicking motion means debris on roadway

Never seen them used as turnsignals.

Usually for road hazzards. Potholes, dead animals, debris, or things like that. Some point with their hands, some point with their feet.

Two possibilities:

As mentioned, pointed to some road hazard.

or

changing to the other side of the lane vs changing over to the next lane.

It's not always obvious which, however, it bears paying attention to what's going on with the guy.

--Wag--

Yeah I would guess he was signaling a road hazard of some type.

Another possibility is something I do quite often, knee problems and all, I just stick out my leg to stretch.

We do it to point out potholes, roadkill, sticks, trash, zx-14's... you get the point.

Never seen them used as turnsignals.

Usually for road hazzards. Potholes, dead animals, debris, or things like that. Some point with their hands, some point with their feet.

Ditto, we usually point with our left hand or right foot

Thanks all! I wasn't sure if they were just speaking, (well after they've passed me), or was telling me to catch up. After all, they were on a 750 or 1000 :laugh:

As long as we are on the subject, have you ever noticed some moto gp riders hang their inside foot off to the side right before they go into a sharp turn? not all of them do it just some . What purpose dose this serve?

As long as we are on the subject, have you ever noticed some moto gp riders hang their inside foot off to the side right before they go into a sharp turn? not all of them do it just some . What purpose dose this serve?

Rossi started that. What Rossi does, everyone does. That is all..

I have seen a rider do that (forgot the name or which race)....my guess is the foot acts as a "feeler"

Have any of you ever seen this before, or know what that meant?

In road racing it means < pit > or in other of cases < get off the track if your going to just make parade laps and just be in the way of the race line >.

Some folks just ease back and punches a guy in the arm <Stoner>:laugh:

Since it was a Gixxer , by chance were you in the left lane and got passed on the right ? If so , might have been a jab at you for poking along. Dunno, wasn't there.

Back