Mesh pants "cooler" than jeans?

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I was despressed yesterday morning...sunday....my only day off this week...woke up early...daughters birthday party day...figured I was stuck home and no one to ride with untill Ride_Or_Fish called me at about 9:00am asking if I'd like to go for a short ride..sure..lemme finish this coffee and shower up and we'll leave in 30 minutes...so here's the good part...it was supposed to be a short ride...just a couple hours out west...and as I stepped from the shower drying off?...I found myself peering at my Jeans laying right next to my Cortech HRX mesh pants..leather on the knees and azz..hip pads and...hard armour in the knees as I figured...

"He11...it's only gonna be a short ride...and it's really hot and humid today so?...I might as well just slip on the jeans."

But then I got to thinking...

"Jeese....ya know?..I'd feel like a real azzhole if I did have a go down whilst "playing" on my busa and bust me knees all up in jeans while I left my special purpose riding pants laying on my wifes hope chest."

And then it hit me...'

"Hey!..that one cool morning I wore'em and didn't put the windbreak liner in and I damn near froze my nads off! LOL! Maybe the damn things are cooler than my jeans."

So?..I figured..time to find out...and on went the cortech hrx mesh/leather riding pants...and then Ride_Or_Fish shows up in some new rid'in duds...as he just bought some Joe Rocket mesh pants...but without a word said about it we lit out for a breakfast run...and when we got toi the restaurant?..in the lot?..I confessed to him my dillema of which pants to wear and then told'im...

"And ya know what?...these damn riding pants are cooler than wearing my jeans as the mesh over mesh still flows way more air than my damn jeans do."
biggrin.gif

and guess what?...Ride_Or_Fish then expressed much the same with a...

"Yeah...I noticed that with mine as well."
biggrin.gif

So?...I figured that for the sake of those who may be left wondering (like I was yesterday morning?)....it's real evident and absolutely true...Mesh riding pants are in fact...

"Cooler Than Jeans"

and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145916463 -->

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info. I ordered some Draggin Jeans last month (they were back-ordered until today). Still debating what should be my primary warm weather riding pants. I've been thinking about the mesh pants. Maybe, I'll take a look the Cortech's. I see that New Enough sells them.

I have been wearing mesh pants for a while now. During the warmer weather I wear shorts under them... when the weather gets a little cooler a pair of fleece pants are worn.
I would agree whole heartedly that the mesh are cooler than the jeans...

I'm shopping man. I rode home today in my Joe Rocket Ballistic 4.0 pants and was soaking wet when I got home from sweating liike a dog in them. Time for some lighter weight pants for the summer months!

Back