Medium pitch Hmmm!

OB_JokerJ

Registered
I've heard something like that when I use the engine shut-off switch. After I push it forward then back I hear the noise. I believe took as being the fuel injection getting power again.

I'm not sure what you are trying to discribe but on Hot days,the pressure inside of the gas tank will build up and cause the gas to expand which causes a build up of pressure and the expanding gas will escape which causes a high hissing sound and that could be the sound you hear,same thing happened on my 98 TL1000R.Hope this helps.

No, it is for sure some type of electronic sound! It's happened to me about three times already.

you have a CA model it is just venting gas fumes from the tank pop your gas tank next time it happens and you will hear a pop then it will be gone

Sometimes after shutting of the engine, you can hear a medium pitch electronic noise comeing from under the tank. What is it and should I be concerned?

All the CA models have the whistling gas tank vent, at least the 99's, not sure if the 2000 models do it too. It sounds kind of like an electronic noise. Try Johnny's test. That's probably it.

Back