Help!! High pitch whistle or sound?

OB_Birdofprey

Registered
Today, After my ride with the Red Hot riders of San Diego, Ca. a nice but warm day. I heard a High pitch whistle or sound eminating from under the gas tank. I was wondering what that mite be. I have heard it twice now after I got it back from the 600 mile service? Hmmmm? Does anyone have any Ideas? maybe Servo's? Electronics? Fuel vapors excaping but I dont smell any fumes. any help would sure be apreciated? Maybe I just need to replicate the problem and then pull the tank and take a look see.

Thanks
Bird of Prey

I second VegasDude's comment. It's pressure building up in your gas tank, which is then leaking out around the gas cap seal.

I don't know if this is a California 'busa problem only, but I haven't heard of anyone other than a CA resident reporting it. The California 'busas have a special system to recycle the gas fumes back into the tank, so the pressure builds up in there somethin' amazin'.

:)

The first time I heard it I too was quite startled/baffled.

Don't worry, alot of bikes do this, sometimes only certain bikes from the same model do it. Probably just different levels of "seal" quality.
But uhhh I would sit on your bike while you have a smoke......

Pulled the Busa from my cool, dark garage and into the blazing Mojave sun, and...

WHEEEZZZEEE...Tank pressure!
Vegas' on the money.

Bert Branson
The L.A. Hayabusas

Back