MD delegate wants to Ban Sportbikes

Any vehicle is a potential death machine in the wrong hands...jeez...this guy needs a clue...

guns.gif

So why is he going to pick on sportbikes when a LEO makes a mistake and causes a fatel acciendent. If he thinks he's going to ban any bike he is diffently smoking dope!! I don't think the AMA, HRA, HDRA, or any red blooded American motocycle ride will let him.
rant.gif

Quote:
"The motorcycle rider swerved in front of a civilian car and sped away, causing the officer's car to hit the civilian's."

How exactly did the motorcycle cause the police car to hit the civilian car?  Sounds to me like the policeman wasn't paying attention to what he was doing and caused the wreck.  I could be wrong.

Edit:
Just listened to the audio of Police, Officer rearended the car infront of him. As far as I know police or not, you rearend somebody, It's your fault. I know the guy was speeding but law is law.

Ya ever notice when a LEO is in an accident it's always somebody elses fault.The biker made no contact with no one.The LEO did.Very bad decision made on this chase.But then again the city will not admit that one of there own made a bad call.Would be too many lawsuits.The LEO was stupid for making a chase on a busy roadway.Let the guy go,he will screw up and kill himself.

I'm not taking up for the biker,he is an idoit.But this whole story is BS.

It seems to me that they have no idea how to deal with riders that break the law so they plan to make it harder for those of us that are law abiding riders. Getting the cops proper training is their best bet, cuase you will always have riders that run.

Bronrott says Maryland State Police are contacting jurisdictions around the country to see how they handle the motorcycles. He says Maryland needs to investigate whether higher penalties would reduce problems associated with the motorcycles and/or whether laws need to be changed.[/Quote]

Changing penalties and / or laws in this case would have changed nothing. The officer who handled this wrong was the person who caused the accident, not the motorcyclist. They don't seem to think that is an issue here?

I agree the asshat on the motorcycle showed some seriously poor judgement but come on! This is just a ridiculous reaction.

(proud dad @ Jun. 01 2007,14:22) A Pinto is a death machine in the wrong hands
crazy.gif
Did you ever see that famous Pinto, or read any of the reports. Drunk dude hits them in the rear while they're stopped at a red light running in excess of 90 MPH and the car catches fire, occupants die. Go fig.

Anyway, he's just doing what scum bag politicians do. Must be up for reelection.

All of you that live in this guys ward (or district), remember his name when he comes up for election. Campaign and donate to whoever is running against him!

(dadofthree @ Jun. 01 2007,16:52)
(proud dad @ Jun. 01 2007,14:22) A Pinto is a death machine in the wrong hands
crazy.gif
Did you ever see that famous Pinto, or read any of the reports. Drunk dude hits them in the rear while they're stopped at a red light running in excess of 90 MPH and the car catches fire, occupants die. Go fig.

Anyway, he's just doing what scum bag politicians do. Must be up for reelection.
I remember the boom!!! Speaking in a power sense.How about a 3cylinder GEO Metro
laugh.gif

there should be a law against frivolous law's
all_coholic.gif
, this is just a waste of taxpayer money. of all the other things out there and they pick on this. what a waste of money

(Spike @ Jun. 01 2007,15:37) Bronrott says Maryland State Police are contacting jurisdictions around the country to see how they handle the motorcycles. He says Maryland needs to investigate whether higher penalties would reduce problems associated with the motorcycles and/or whether laws need to be changed.

Changing penalties and / or laws in this case would have changed nothing.  The officer who handled this wrong was the person who caused the accident, not the motorcyclist.  They don't seem to think that is an issue here?

I agree the asshat on the motorcycle showed some seriously poor judgement but come on!  This is just a ridiculous reaction.[/Quote]
As long as the police are not held responsible for their actions, there will be more accidents and deaths caused by the police. They will not learn anything or change any procedures as long as they can continue to blame the runner for everything that the police do during a chase.

I was just listening to the news. They are not sure if the officer had his lights and siren on. No one even knows if this motorcyclist commited a felony to warrent the chase in the first place. And if he had committed a felony somewhere, wouldn't someone have a better description of him? The guy may not have known he was being chased. (How crazy is that) The report said he was doing 90mph. This speed report came from a guy driving home.

There are so many questions that need to be addressed. The video has not been made available to the media. Seems like they would have released it to every news agency in the land to be on the lookout for said black bike. I'm wondering about the distance the officer was from the bike. The only description is a black motorcycle. Did he not see the clothing. helmet, etc that the person was wearing. The officer had to have been waaaay back for him to have given such a limited description. His description is lacking at best. I guess the witness at the scene description isn't much better than the officers. PG County Police need to come out with "all" of the facts. Folks around these parts are begining to wonder if the PG County police has something else to hide.

Every badge in my office is asking the same questions and saying the same thing. (...this thing is beginning to look bad for the PG County Police)

(basscrazy @ Jun. 01 2007,20:22) Every badge in my office is asking the same questions and saying the same thing. (...this thing is beginning to look bad for the PG County Police)
Good. Maybe with a little pressure, some answers will be forthcoming.

Back