Maybe it would have saved JED ??

Very interesting product.
I suspect that it may be very helpful
in reducing hyper-extension C-spine
injuries.
thanks for the site update

[This message has been edited by Konrad (edited 10 November 1999).]

....well, I took a look, and was doing ok untill I clicked on "What Does Eggparka Do" and lmao...is that what an AD is going to look like!? I would probably set the thing off every other time I stop for gas! I think I stick to my Dainese leathers and back protector for now...not that the idea aint worth looking into...

It does look interesting. A more complex life jacket than used in an airplane. It would really be interesting to see how such a product fares when tested . . . perhaps by Consumer Reports or other group.

HOW to test it would be a challenge. I wonder if the current grouping of crash-test dummies could be set up for such a task.

Just looking at it, I suspect there would be some sort of bounce factor, but perhaps not a big one. What it would probably do is cause the body to slide farther due to less friction. The legs would act as an anchor though. Some good leggings might be in order since they might be forced to endure more friction before the body came to rest.

It would be nice to think such a thing would help a rider faced with what Jed went through. The angle of impact might make a huge difference in its success though.

The rule of thumb I use for accidents is that no two are the same. Still, I respect any attempt at a safety device. Who knows, maybe the balloon vest might have saved Jed. I wish it were so. What happens when you wipe out is not always predictable. It was a nice thought FC.

Back