*** MAXTON ***  March 27-28

2fast4u2c

Site Sponsor
Registered
Lets start cranking up the volume!

Maxton is closing fast and I've heard many rumors of some "Land Speed" challenges already.

I've even heard of some ridiculous claims of beating my Nitrous records.

Well I say "BRING EM ON" I can't wait to go faster than I ever have before. Will I be able to maintain my status as the fastest Nitrous Bike at Maxton? Who knows, but I'll be there defending my records and pushing them up higher if I'm able.

You turbo boys will be shooting for 260MPH this year and who knows, the fastest MPH has been pushed from the 200's up to 250 in just 3 short seasons, maybe we'll see even higher numbers.

Get em ready folks because the " Maxton Mile " awaits you.

Guy

Sounds like the right kind of place to wind out the Busa.
Got anything else going on under the tank that you're willing to share to hit speeds like that?
wow.gif

Good Luck in the coming year.

Secrets?
rock.gif
 Are you outta your mind?  Old Italian word for this...Nunya.

The dyno is one thing, but real world is another.  Once I've proven all my tricks at Maxton, I'll let em out.  But no use giving bad info until it's working and working well.

I will tell ya I'm bringing a 350HP tune-up with me just in case I need the big guns.  But we'll just start off where we left off last year with a 275HP tune-up and work up from there.

Hope to see you there.

Guy

Guy,

You know I'll be there. First to finish cleaning house in the production category then I'll move on to the modified, which will include NOS. I don't think you have anything to fear from me......YET! But I am definitely headed your direction.

Stay warm Guy, March is on the way.
Later - 382

Well I'm gonna try to make MAxton that Saturday I'll be in the neighborhood anyway...
As for 300 MPH hmmmm maybe once i get over the pucker factor
laugh.gif

I am going to try and make it this year. If nothing else I will break my own records.:p

Ninja,

You will have to go, just to feed your bike. There are Ninjas to be eaten at Maxton and I think your bike would have no mercy on those Kawi boys.
laugh.gif

Raining here today....working in the shop....can't wait for the first Maxton meet, and to get my first OFFICIAL time slip over 200 MPH.

Guy: Post that nice picture of our two black-N- evil nitrous bikes here, so people can see what they're up against.

Got 4 (count 'em-4) over 200 MPH Hayabusa's for this year. Gonna be a big year at Maxton: Project 260's already sounding like they ain't gonna come (backing out?).

Oh well, I'm faster then project 260 (The New Speed King) at Maxton anyway. Hmmmmm, and faster at Bonneville too!

http://1st-to-the-finish-line.com
http://1st-to-the-finish-line.com

Here you go, the 2 fastest Nitrous bikes at Maxton.

Guy

I'm faster then project 260 (The New Speed King) at Maxton anyway. Hmmmmm, and faster at Bonneville too![/QUOTE]

Scott, you are the man.
bowdown.gif

I'm not sure anyone here realizes they are in the presence of greateness. I can't wait to see you put up some big speed numbers this year.

Ride safe,

What's the run off area like at Maxton. Is it one mile total, or do they have a shut-down area too.

You start 600 ft. before the start of the runway, make a right hand 15degree turn (while at 120+) then open it up all the way and hang on for another 4,600 ft. then you make the blind downhill right hander then you have 2,500 to shut down before you make a slight left 15degree turn on to another shut down road that goes for another 2,000 feet or so. We call that one the LONG shut down. But the 240 and 250 mph bikes all pretty much shut down in the first 2,000 feet after the traps.

Guy

<span style='color:darkred'>Ahhhhhh........The first mention this year, on most any site, of THE TURN.

At seriously high speeds, THE TURN can be a little intimidating!

Here's the scene:  Pass through the timing lights at....Oh...225 MPH or faster.  You're all tucked in, flat on the tank.  Can't hardly see from the vibration of your chin on the tank.  Bike's moving around 'cause of the unevenness of the WW2 concrete surface.  The wind's gettin' in your helmet and makin' your eye's water.

Through the finish line!  NOW the work starts!  SLOWLY sit up on the bike - if you dare - and face the 225 MPH winds that want to tear you off the bike, CAREFULLY start to apply the brakes (I almost went down in 2000, 'cause of sand on the track.  Too much front brake at 180 MPH, and the front tire locked up....But that's another story).  From the finish line to THE TURN, you have about 2 (count 'em-2) seconds to be ready for THE TURN.</span>

THE TURN is a hard, blind, downhill righthander that may have loose stuff on the track - and then it get's worse!  THE TURN road narrows to about ten (10) feet wide, and gradually turns into sand, gravel and red clay.

If you are good.....you can do this 10 times a day, 20 times a weekend....100 times a season

They say it gets easier.....

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076100304 -->

You start 600 ft. before the start of the runway, make a right hand 15degree turn (while at 120+) then open it up all the way and hang on for another 4,600 ft.  then you make the blind downhill right hander then you have 2,500 to shut down before you make a slight left 15degree turn on to another shut down road that goes for another 2,000 feet or so.  We call that one the LONG shut down.  But the 240 and 250 mph bikes all pretty much shut down in the first 2,000 feet after the traps.

Guy
wow.gif
That's got me freaked! I was psyched about running the bike there. I'm not worried about the first turn but if I'm 200 mph+ all I want to worry about is hitting the brakes hard. I'll probably sit my first time out. Do many people wreck there?

<span style='color:darkblue'> I have been racing @ Maxton since the beginning in 1995.  Actually, I was the 1st vehicle down the course on the first official day 9 years ago!

In that time, there has NEVER been a bike fall on the track.  NONE.

However, a Harley rider hit a sandy spot on the return road, and fell at about 15 MPH.  No hurt, no harm.

The cars crash ALL the time!</span>
(Sorry about my above post being invisible. Just "highlight" to read.)

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076100251 -->

I just love telling the folks about the "TURN" because it does FREAK them out.  The first time I encountered it, it happened so fast I just reacted.  No problem really, can't wait to go faster, it should be a hoot.  YeeHaaaaaa!  

Listen to TZ750 folks, he speaks the absolute truth about Maxton.  Hope to see everyone there this year.  If I can do it, anyone can do it (I think).

Guy

<!--EDIT|2fast4u2c
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076128509 -->

Opsss......let me try again,again.

To read my above posts, just "highlight."  I was in the old personal info section and accidentally clicked on "white" as the post color.  Easy to read agains the white background, yes?

White, like my face the time I went into THE TURN at over 230 MPH, for the first time.

Try THE TURN, you'll like it!

Well, if you don't like it, you can allways tell your friends that you did it, and you liked it.

Back