*** MAXTON ***  March 27-28

Opsss......let me try again,again.

To read my above posts, just "highlight."  I was in the old personal info section and accidentally clicked on "white" as the post color.  Easy to read agains the white background, yes?

White, like my face the time I went into THE TURN at over 230 MPH, for the first time.

Try THE TURN, you'll like it!

Well, if you don't like it, you can allways tell your friends that you did it, and you liked it.
Yhea Yhea keep off the white. I fixed it for you.
biggrin.gif

What is required to run a bike at MAXTON?

Other than leathers and the regular rider stuff what must be done to the bike?  I checked out the site and didn't see any other info on there?  

It doesn't have to be wired or anything like the road racing stuff does it?
rock.gif
?

Just PAY your FEE and RACE!?!?!

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076110735 -->

TZ750,

Finished Dyno'ing the "Tiger" today. Made some hellacious HP before I pushed my luck too far. Wanted just another 20HP, and poof! There went the head gasket between cyl. 3 & 4
A quick leak down proved what we thought, so it's out with the motor for a new Head gasket, valve job, and a resurface of both head and jug to mate them back up again. Oh well, that's the price of Test and Tune. Better to happen on the dyno in the shop than find out what that tune-up would do at Maxton. But we learned much and will be able to handle that tune-up before we get to Maxton in March. 350hp on N2O was easier than I thought. We made about a dozen pulls before it poofed.

I'll will bring my current tune-up and a couple more tricks. The double bottle is going to be the ticket for sure. Actually had to tune the bike by each cylinder seperately, 3&4 likes a little bit different set-up. The timing marks on the sparkplugs indicate that crank flex at the crank gear (#3 cyl) shows a different timing mark than 1,2 & 4. EGT's also show different temps for #3, so we tuned #3 seperately and gained another 8HP by doing so. EGT's leveled out across the board and all 4 plugs now show the same timing mark on the plugs. Still tuning on the Rich side.
When we take the pistons out, I'll know more after reading them and the flame dispersion patterns. I'll keep you informed.

Guy

2Fast:

350HP on the bottle is right up there with the best in the country! That bike is going to post some BIG speeds next month, for sure. (start with 300 HP, and get a record in the books, and then just take the jet's out!)

When were were more serious about making big horsepower with the Yamaha TZ750 2-strokes, we had to do many of the same things that you are doing to your nitrous bike.

Since the cranks in the 2-stroke were all roller bearing, the crank was "pressed together." In my whole life, I only found 1 (count it 1) pair of cranks that were "correct" on TDC.

We wound up having to have a different jet for each cylinder, and different ignition system for each cylinder.

The best we ever did for measured HP was at the AMI Brute Horsepower Shootout, when I made 148 rear wheel HP from 600cc.That works out to be 320 HP from 1300cc- ON GAS; all motor.

I would predict from what I have seen of you and your bike; that if you can keep all that 350 HP "inside" the engine for a full, perfect pass at Maxton, you should have a 220-230 MPH time slip.

I think that 350HP is good for over 230 MPH in a turbo bike, but it's hard to make full use of the nitrous in the lower gears.

Got Brakes?

Yes, my young friend Bike382 is a man to watch at Maxton. He is willing to experiment, willing to learn. Already fast, and lookin' to be even better! And Soon!

He is taking MY records away, and is looking for more.

He is looking for a quiet and worthy goal, perhaps without realizing it: Other than ONCE at Bonneville, in 1999; and ONCE at Muroc, also in 1999, NO TRUE PRODUCTION CLASS MOTORCYCLE IN THE WORLD HAS EVER SET A RECORD OVER 200 MPH.

Will 382 be the first one to do that at Maxton? He has all the right stuff, for sure.

Got-Busa,  Just bring your bike to Maxton.  One of us there has what you need to make sure you pass tech.  Make sure you bring full leathers (270degree zippered 2-piece is allowed but not recommended), Snell approved full face helmet, good leather or road race boots.  Kevlar gloves recommended, oil drain plug, oil filter and oil fill safety wired I think.  The rules are easier than you think.  Good luck and see you there.

Guy

<!--EDIT|2fast4u2c
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076253724 -->

Yes, my young friend Bike382 is a man to watch at Maxton. He is willing to experiment, willing to learn. Already fast, and lookin' to be even better! And Soon!

He is taking MY records away, and is looking for more.

He is looking for a quiet and worthy goal, perhaps without realizing it: Other than ONCE at Bonneville, in 1999; and ONCE at Muroc, also in 1999, NO TRUE PRODUCTION CLASS MOTORCYCLE IN THE WORLD HAS EVER SET A RECORD OVER 200 MPH.

Will 382 be the first one to do that at Maxton? He has all the right stuff, for sure.[/QUOTE]

TZ, I am honored more than words can say. I only truly got the bug because Land Speed Larry and yourself took the time to help mentor me. And yes, 200 is the goal for P/P at Maxton.

It's worth mentioning TZ that my dad had such a good time talking with you and racing my bike that he bought one of his own (Silver/Grey new 02). Now Team Too Fast has 2 Busas. We may put a turbo on his.

I almost forgot, the owner of the company that I work for also owns a motorcycle dealership. He asked if I would be interested in racing their new Triumph Rocket when it comes in. I told him I would have to think about it.....
muscle.gif

Back