Mat Mladins Crankshaft impounded

If his equipment turns out to be legal, I think somebody should have to kiss his azz on network TV! Anybody can cry foul! Proving it is something else.

Its a done deal. He has already been disqualified. Not sure if there is any way for them to dispute it.

If his equipment turns out to be legal, I think somebody should have to kiss his azz on network TV! Anybody can cry foul! Proving it is something else.

I am a big fan of Spies, & I know that is not how he wants to win another championship. I will miss watching he & Matt battle next year.

Things go on all the time ....

I heard Nascar recently disqualified two of Joe Gibbs' Nationwide Toyotas because they discovered magnets under the gas pedal that stopped it from being pushed to the floor during a dyno test.

F1 caught Renault a few years ago with a "gas-tank-in-a-gas-tank" which allowed them to meet the minimum weight requirement with 'hidden" fuel. So they'd end up with a lighter car after the fuel burned off.

exactly.

And it's not the last time a team is gonna "stretch" the rule book either. But, when a high profile name like Mladin gets caught and the championship will be decided in the next 3 races, definitely motorsports headline news.

It should be interesting in the next few days/weeks b/c Erion Honda's Josh Hayes got stripped of the Daytona 200 for the same infraction, appealed, and AMA said "no-go." But Yoshimura Suzuki is marquee and high profile compared to Erion Honda, will they have more "pull?" hmmmm......:whistle:

Feel bad for him, can't believe he would ask them to rig his bike like that with the skills he has, seen a few crew chiefs people, responsible for making sure the bike is up to code loose their jobs doing dumb crap like that, rider pays and takes the blame for it. sucks arrrs

I know NOTHING about racing !! With that said, what ARE they allowed to modify, I mean they're FAR from stock right ?

Is there anywhere that you're allowed to run whatever you want to ?

Yosh Team is appealing, but they won't win. AMA won't reverse their decision. It sucks because the championship was going to go down to the wire, now its over.

I know NOTHING about racing !! With that said, what ARE they allowed to modify, I mean they're FAR from stock right ?

Is there anywhere that you're allowed to run whatever you want to ?

Moto GP is the closest to run whatever, but it is still capped at 800cc.
Different classes have different rules. Supersport, Superbike, Etc.

Back