Master Link?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I want to shorten my busa chain. I need a new master link to do so (2008)

Any suggestions on where to buy the proper masterlinks? There are no stamps on the OEM chain as to the brand. Anyone know it's origin?

Well, I don't have a clue, but I bet your friendly, neighborly, zuki shop does!. . . Maybe.
tounge.gif

They are a standard 530 .

I have half a dozen in my tool chest, want one ?

Rivet style of course.

Yep, I'm dropping a tooth in the front. Going back to my old reliable 17X43 gearing. I have three new Vortex hardened aluminum sprockets hanging on the wall I'd like to put to good use.

My rear axle is not far from the max length and my chain hasn't been stretched yet. So I will need to drop one link at least and maybe two? And yes, I'd like to shorten the wheel base a little just to give her better turning as well as launch the front tire with ease.

Paulson's don't have them but can get them through Suzuki, list is around thirteen bucks. I ordered a couple from Paulson's along with a genuine suzuki front sprocket. I'll get her geared up properly yet  
cool.gif

Has anyone counted the number of links in the 2008 chain. I should go count mine but I'm too lazy. I'd like to know how many more links were added to the new busa chain?

Okay, one of you busa guru's fess up the number of links in the old busa vs the new busa. Come on, don't hold such valuable information out on your fellow brethern!  
argue.gif

Okay, Gen. 1 has 112 links thanks to Proud Dad!

Now who's going to fess up for Gen 2
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Ricks homework assignment for tonight:
Go to Caps, put his bike up on the rearstand, one guy spins the wheel, the other guy counts!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I just went out to the garage and counted the links in my 08. It has 114. I think that's all I'll take two out of mine, just go back to the 112 link gen. 1.

I wonder why Zuk didn't just go up one tooth in the rear instead of the 18/43? I think the 18/43 actually affected the gearing by about a half tooth in the rear? I loved my 17/43 gearing.

I would have guessed a 114. I was surprised when the parts manual showed 118. I guess they play by the "better to have four extra than to be short by two"￾ rule I do.

Back