Mass shooting in Nova Scotia

08BusaKY

Registered
Heard that on the news this morning. Sorry for the family’s impacted by this. I hope mom of our members were taken or affected

...now our government is drumming gun controls again...this guy was so driven to do what he did, he would have got guns regardless of controls.

What is crazy to me is our PM saying we shouldn’t talk about the murderer, let’s only talk about the victims and gun control. WTF a seamingly normal successful business man and landlord just flips a switch or day, makes a near perfect replica RCMP Taurus and uniform and starts killing his friends and tenants, and our government tells us not to ask why???
Things don’t add up.

What is crazy to me is our PM saying we shouldn’t talk about the murderer, let’s only talk about the victims and gun control. WTF a seamingly normal successful business man and landlord just flips a switch or day, makes a near perfect replica RCMP Taurus and uniform and starts killing his friends and tenants, and our government tells us not to ask why???
Things don’t add up.
From what I read there were warning signs that all was not well with him, but you're right, not talking about the perpetrator is the wrong move. Just need to be cautious about how his actions are framed.

Things don’t add up.
From what I read there were warning signs that all was not well with him, but you're right, not talking about the perpetrator is the wrong move. Just need to be cautious about how his actions are framed
I agree with Trudoh. He doesn't want the gunman to aquire any kind of fame or notoriety which could lead others to seek fame and glory. Its a political move that has been proven to work. If some dum-nut see's that he wont get his name in the paper...they are SOMETIMES less likely to go "Postal."
No offence to the Postal Workers...I love 'em...they deliver all my nessecary uneeded krap. :bowdown: Even in these dreaded Covid times.
Rubb.

I read today someone was impersonating an OPP police officer (near Wellington) pulling people over and asking them if they were essential workers...

The guy in Nova Scotia didn't just snap, he had the presence of mind to modify his car to mimic a patrol vehicle and had acquired an actual RCMP uniform...this was well planned and executed.

Seems like anything like this gets the anti-gun activists to lobby the government.

Sadly some nut, somewhere is idolizing this murderer...

I read today someone was impersonating an OPP police officer (near Wellington) pulling people over and asking them if they were essential workers...

The guy in Nova Scotia didn't just snap, he had the presence of mind to modify his car to mimic a patrol vehicle and had acquired an actual RCMP uniform...this was well planned and executed.

Seems like anything like this gets the anti-gun activists to lobby the government.

Sadly some nut, somewhere is idolizing this murderer...
It happens every time eh Bro. In this part of the world it is a huge shake up. We are just not used to gun violence,but it does happen.I should check for gun violence around here...rarely hear of it.I'll check it out.I know its bad across the water in Vancouver.
Hi. It looks like they are going to have to take all the guns away from any one that owns them legally even the ones they use for hunting now
Guns are fun,I like to shoot them. I always vist the "shoot 'em up stores" Vegas,Hawaii,Cali,etc.
I guess if it comes right down to it nobody really needs the heavy stuff like automatics and such. Not much left of a deer,duck,or similar after a heavy pelting with an' AK-47. DIE DUCK DIE

But the whole "Right to own thing" will come up shortly....:popcorn:

Rubb.

There is quite a bit of gun violence in the bigger cities, Winnipeg has quite a bit of gun violence for a smaller city.

The government is looking to pluck the lower fruit by targeting legal gun owners..

Bad guys will always be able to get guns.

The government is looking to pluck the lower fruit by targeting legal gun owners..
Permits and more permits. Hunter safety courses. Locks and safes. Tags for game. ETC. There is money to be made from legal gun owners and they are easy to find. Low-life scum bag criminals with guns only cost you and me money [tax dollars] spent on prosecution and incarceration. You can take away a hard workin' man's guns easy,the dirt-bag crims are hard to find.
I would guess that 99.99 percent of gun owners are responsible good folk.The criminals just buy on the black market to rob the liquor stores.
It's near impossible to tell who is gonna "go off" these days. Too much pressure,job hassles,home life prob's,relationship issues,huge debt...and of course how much piss can the gene pool take?
I've never bothered getting guns,my friends have lots...
I just have to buy them beer and ammo.Good combo right :beerchug::crazy::drool:

Then let them targets have it

It’s got nothing to do with gun laws - it’s your culture you just kill someone for nothing over there. You’ve never heard of diplomacy, your government has and does it every day invades and kills anyone that stands in their way, so why not the citizens? So glad I don’t live in your country’

It’s got nothing to do with gun laws - it’s your culture you just kill someone for nothing over there. You’ve never heard of diplomacy, your government has and does it every day invades and kills anyone that stands in their way, so why not the citizens? So glad I don’t live in your country’

WTF are you and what magical place do you live?

Back