250th Mass Shooting in 215 Days

Why is it that people who are actually playing a race card claim black people are playing the race card when we point out things. I also don't get your point: These people have it worse than you so you should be happy? If you are so old and wise, you probably already knew that was going to earn you a big kiss my arse. Lol!
Don’t need the kiss, but as mentioned I am color blind. To associate yourself with a label is your freedom and your choice, but yes you are always the first here to point out labels and put them on humans tied to events. The only color I really like is Silver which is my Busa without ceramic forever spinning bearings.:moon:

I'm not arguing that Americans should be disarmed. Even if I thought this was a good idea, it's impossible to operationalize. You can't un-ring a bell. What I'm saying is that the argument stating that to allow infringement of any rights is tantamount to infringement of all rights is disingenuous. We allow infringement all day every day, we have to in order for society to function.

I say in a society which is a "gun culture" society, the US should have mandatory training in order to carry or own firearms. I don't mean a 1 day course but real training where people are put into a "jungle lane." This training needs to be not a just one time thing, it needs to be at least annual. There also needs to be controls put into place to protect the innocent from getting hold of a weapon in the home/car/purse, etc.

Placing a person and a weapon into situations where that weapon can potentially kill another requires robust training. As a former soldier, whenever we were training to go into harm's way, our training was robust and repetitive to gain muscle and mental memory.

It seems Joe or Jane Public can get a weapon in many states pretty easily.

I say in a society which is a "gun culture" society, the US should have mandatory training in order to carry or own firearms. I don't mean a 1 day course but real training where people are put into a "jungle lane." This training needs to be not a just one time thing, it needs to be at least annual. There also needs to be controls put into place to protect the innocent from getting hold of a weapon in the home/car/purse, etc.

Placing a person and a weapon into situations where that weapon can potentially kill another requires robust training. As a former soldier, whenever we were training to go into harm's way, our training was robust and repetitive to gain muscle and mental memory.

I definitely agree training is needed. I have taken it but not to the degree you mention. It is scary untrained people can carry. I have a permit but here in KY they just passed the constitutional carry law. Now anyone can carry without a permit. I am waiting to see how many unintentional discharges there are.

I definitely agree training is needed. I have taken it but not to the degree you mention. It is scary untrained people can carry. I have a permit but here in KY they just passed the constitutional carry law. Now anyone can carry without a permit. I am waiting to see how many unintentional discharges there are.

Even scarier is people who might stand and fight because they are armed but have no clue what to do and end up getting themselves or bystanders killed.

I agree with you, but part of the problem here is that there cannot be a discussion about this without the gun lobby screaming about the second amendment. What frustrates me is the seeming inability of people to see through the smokescreen of rhetoric and realize that these people are nothing more than paid shills for the gun industry. The NRA could not care less about individual rights, they are a marketing machine, and a good one at that.
Of course training makes sense, reasonable people can discuss the amount necessary and reach a suitable decision. Unless they're actively prevented from doing so by economic interest.

He knew a lot of high profile names that were into his parties. He was already on suicide watch so I kind of wonder how it happened.
Yeah I see where Bill Clinton flew on Epsteins private jet to his island like 20 times in 2 years. I wonder what he was doing there? Hmm...
Somebody went for a coffee probably...
He was quite friendly with a number of people who have enough influence to make this happen. And probably did. One of the problems with having dirt on powerful people is the risk you're assuming.

At least this discussion is being conducted by adults....I've seen similar threads in the past and it didn't go well as we recall...

Good on you guys! :bowdown:
I am glad that we can have these discussions respectfully and I appreciate your view points my friend.
I love this type of discussion, it's refreshing and informative. It's amazing what happens when grown-ups are able to talk honestly and openly about even the most divisive topics. It's good for all of us. Now if they'd just let us run the world....

I love this type of discussion, it's refreshing and informative. It's amazing what happens when grown-ups are able to talk honestly and openly about even the most divisive topics. It's good for all of us. Now if they'd just let us run the world....
Like George Carlin said “It’s a big club, and we ain’t in it!” They do allow us to go to work and push buttons though. Gotta produce the things they need and pay the taxes for their big wig CEO friends to collect.

Like George Carlin said “It’s a big club, and we ain’t in it!” They do allow us to go to work and push buttons though. Gotta produce the things they need and pay the taxes for their big wig CEO friends to collect.
Carlin was right about so many things. People thought he was just a funny guy, but he was an insightful, incisive social critic as well.

I agree with you, but part of the problem here is that there cannot be a discussion about this without the gun lobby screaming about the second amendment. What frustrates me is the seeming inability of people to see through the smokescreen of rhetoric and realize that these people are nothing more than paid shills for the gun industry. The NRA could not care less about individual rights, they are a marketing machine, and a good one at that.
Of course training makes sense, reasonable people can discuss the amount necessary and reach a suitable decision. Unless they're actively prevented from doing so by economic interest.

It is surprising how powerful the NRA is in the US. We have them here but they tow the line.

Of course nobody is talking about a reduction in weapon ownership, just the training requirements to own one.

Money is always the deciding factor....:confused: training would cost money.

Don’t need the kiss, but as mentioned I am color blind. To associate yourself with a label is your freedom and your choice, but yes you are always the first here to point out labels and put them on humans tied to events. The only color I really like is Silver which is my Busa without ceramic forever spinning bearings.:moon:
You remind me of the 400 lb guy who doesn't think he's fat. Lol! Can't let the bearing thing go huh?

He knew a lot of high profile names that were into his parties. He was already on suicide watch so I kind of wonder how it happened.

"Epstein, 66, was in his federal jail cell in downtown Manhattan but was not on suicide watch at the time of his death, multiple people familiar with the investigation told NBC News. He had apparently hanged himself, and was found unresponsive at around 6:30 a.m. ET. "

"Epstein, 66, was in his federal jail cell in downtown Manhattan but was not on suicide watch at the time of his death, multiple people familiar with the investigation told NBC News. He had apparently hanged himself, and was found unresponsive at around 6:30 a.m. ET. "
Good.

Back