250th Mass Shooting in 215 Days

This happened yesterday. Good thing that was a good guy with a gun.

This is great, but I don't think this shooter was serious. I think he was just trying to scare people and get famous. Otherwise, he would not have given up without firing a shot. However, having a good guy on the scene with training dealing with situational stress was a blessing.

This is great, but I don't think this shooter was serious. I think he was just trying to scare people and get famous. Otherwise, he would not have given up without firing a shot. However, having a good guy on the scene with training dealing with situational stress was a blessing.

Really! Wow!
He was taking selfies of himself when he was spotted knowing that they would be seen afterward. When someone was pointing a gun at him and caught him by surprise he knew he was not going to accomplish his goal and gave up or chickened out.

There was a good chance he would have been killed just by wearing and carrying what he was. The officer said he was lucky he wasn't killed.

I for one would have been glad there was someone to stop him before he went in the store.

I gotta disagree with you. A person doesn't suit up and strap up like that unless they plan on doing harm, or committing suicide by cop. Particularly given what happened last weekend in a Walmart. That firefighter is a hero, and deserves to be hailed as such.

Buy the comments you have made on this site and the way you express opinions I think you are being generous with yourself. Race is fast becoming an age issue. Kids don't see it the same, many don't see it at all. This will lead to further mixing and eventually the race issue will simply be obsolete. But for now, most people have prejudices even if they are held privately or they don't even realize it themselves.

But mixing is not the best answer. Ideally, we would become more excepting of different perspectives as that makes for a stronger whole. The strongest organisms in nature are the most diverse, not the most homogenous.
Arch, I am not being generous with myself. I am older than you, but grew up in different circumstances than you in a country where today racism is more extreme than anything you will ever see in the US, even if you go back to the 50’s. Today it lists under the top 10 countries in homicides per capita as a result. Minority groups get their property confiscated without compensation. I spent the first 20 years of my career there, managing people at some point and fighting that every day of my life. With that background I notice that entitled Americans no matter their past generations origins, just have no idea how good they have it here.

So in short, I have little sympathy for those who complain and consider themselves victims or play the race card.

Arch, I am not being generous with myself. I am older than you, but grew up in different circumstances than you in a country where today racism is more extreme than anything you will ever see in the US, even if you go back to the 50’s. Today it lists under the top 10 countries in homicides per capita as a result. Minority groups get their property confiscated without compensation. I spent the first 20 years of my career there, managing people at some point and fighting that every day of my life. With that background I notice that entitled Americans no matter their past generations origins, just have no idea how good they have it here.

So in short, I have little sympathy for those who complain and consider themselves victims or play the race card.
What country was that?
And in not sure that you can categorize examples of racism as "worse" than what took place here from the time of the triangle trade until the civil rights era. It may manifest itself differently in other places, but I can't think of an example of racism that would be worse than being tortured and killed for simply looking at a woman of a different race.
The fact that you have little sympathy for someone who complains or place the race card indicates you have a specific understanding of racial issues, and your race and experience provide you with a very different perspective than mine. There are indeed many occasions in which people claim racism when in fact none is present, however there are still many examples of individual and institutionalized racism in this country.

Really! Wow!
He was taking selfies of himself when he was spotted knowing that they would be seen afterward. When someone was pointing a gun at him and caught him by surprise he knew he was not going to accomplish his goal and gave up or chickened out.

There was a good chance he would have been killed just by wearing and carrying what he was. The officer said he was lucky he wasn't killed.

I for one would have been glad there was someone to stop him before he went in the store.
I said it was good the fireman was there.
I gotta disagree with you. A person doesn't suit up and strap up like that unless they plan on doing harm, or committing suicide by cop. Particularly given what happened last weekend in a Walmart. That firefighter is a hero, and deserves to be hailed as such.
Why is everyone implying I was saying the fireman wasn't a hero? I was simply saying that guy wasn't as serious as many shooters. He does not appear to have been prepared to go all the way. The fireman did a great thing and probably stopped the situation from escalating. I assumed the OP posted this to say "see, an armed guy stopped this." I was just saying maybe this guy was not the real thing. Whether he was or wasn't has nothing to do with the fact that the fireman stepped up and took the bull by the horns - and is a hero.

Last edited:

Why is it that people who are actually playing a race card claim black people are playing the race card when we point out things. I also don't get your point: These people have it worse than you so you should be happy? If you are so old and wise, you probably already knew that was going to earn you a big kiss my arse. Lol!

I said it was good the fireman was there.

Why is everyone implying I was saying the fireman wasn't a hero? I was simply saying that guy wasn't as serious as many shooters. He does not appear to have been prepared to go all the way. The fireman did a great thing and probably stopped the situation from escalating. I assumed the OP posted this to say "see, an armed guy stopped this." I was just saying maybe this guy was not the real thing. Whether he was or wasn't has nothing to do with the fact that the fireman stepped up and took the bull by the horns - and is a hero.
I didn't take that you thought he wasn't a hero from what you said, I think you had the shooter pegged wrong, he was gonna engage.
And yes, @08BusaKY posted it to draw attention to the fact that an armed bystander stopped anything from transpiring, and we need more positive attention like that.

Last edited:
I didn't take that you thought he wasn't a hero from what you said, I think you had the shooter pegged wrong, he was gonna engage.
And yes, @08BusaKY posted it to draw attention to the fact that an armed bystander stopped anything from transpiring, and we need more positive attention like that.
Yeah, suppose it depends on the shooter's intent. You was bout to get a pie in the face too! I heard on the radio that this guy was a complete idiot and was trying to show he could wear his guns where ever he want's. It was sort of a prank. That dude thought he had a right to carry, so he could dress up like a shooter and scare everyone then claim it's his right to wear his gun. We'll see. Did they announce a motive yet?

Maybe his motive (was) just stupidity. He’s lucky he wasn’t shot. These open carry participants are worrisome to me and I’m white!

What does everyone think of this statement? It was made by a Missouri defense attorney who was formerly a prosecutor. Remember now, the year is 2019.

“Carrying an assault rifle in public is not necessarily a crime.”

Maybe I should’ve worded my question more clearly. I’m simply asking what (you) (think) of that statement, whether it’s legal in that or any other state. Legality isn’t the question. This is America well past the ‘olden’ days. We took our country from the British a couple centuries ago and were victorious in two worlds wars after that, never having had to fight a foreign enemy on our land. We have the ability to vote for our representatives from the local level to the national level. So, how does that statement strike you, personally?

Maybe I should’ve worded my question more clearly. I’m simply asking what (you) (think) of that statement, whether it’s legal in that or any other state. Legality isn’t the question. This is America well past the ‘olden’ days. We took our country from the British a couple centuries ago and were victorious in two worlds wars after that, never having had to fight a foreign enemy on our land. We have the ability to vote for our representatives from the local level to the national level. So, how does that statement strike you, personally?
We’ve always had an armed citizenry.....never had a foreign invasion. Do those two things seem like a coincidence?

Now let me ask you a question. What rights are you willing to give up? Free speech? Search and seizure? Of course the answer is none of them. So why give up your right to keep arms?

I know the rebuttal will be “not all guns, just some of them.” So what rights are you ok with giving up partially? Fair trial? Of course not.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety- Benjamin Franklin

Back